The DailyMail is reporting that 53 percent of people admit to suffering from anxiety when they can’t use their smartphone or gadget. They also admit that any kind of tech “detox” is just as stressful as trips to the dentist or even getting married. They are also reporting that 1 in 8 people in the UK are treated for tech addiction. Software firm Frontrange surveyed just over 800 people to get their feelings on tech addiction and tech usage. 84% of those surveyed believe that tech addiction is a problem and 71% say they know someone who is afflicted.
- Study finds half of people feel anxious when they can’t use their phone
- A fifth said they’d only give up their tech if someone paid them $500 (£300)
- 45 per cent said they use their phones at least once an hour
- While two thirds admitted they couldn’t go a day without their gadgets
- More than 80 per cent said they believe technology addiction exists
- And 71 per cent said they knew someone who may be addicted
Technology and gadgets is not unlike anything else one consumes. I would probably admit I would have issues not being able to use my gadgets but I certainly don’t feel anxiety when I can’t. As with anything else, tech usage needs to be balanced with the rest of our lives. And as with anything else, some people have a harder time doing this than others. It’s a very interesting topic and one that is sure to keep coming up as technology gets into more aspects of our lives. Hit the link below for source, there are many more metrics in there that are very interesting.
Last Updated on January 23, 2017.