Nuvyyo announced the pre-order availability of Tablo, the new DVR that lets cord-cutters access free local HDTV broadcast programs on any device, anytime, anywhere in the world — without the expense or commitment of cable or satellite contracts.
“With hundreds of thousands of households cutting the cable cord each year, many are looking for a simple, cost-effective solution to supplement their Over-The-Top programming from Netflix and Hulu with live television,” said Grant Hall, CEO at Nuvyyo. “Tablo gives TV lovers the DVR functionality they know with a vastly superior tablet interface to access free local HDTV programs whenever they want on whatever device they prefer.”
The Tablo DVR plugs into any HDTV antenna to capture free broadcast network programming including news and sports within the United States and Canada. Unlike traditional DVRs that are plugged into one TV, Tablo is a whole-home DVR that streams live and recorded HDTV content to any connected device inside your home as well as anywhere you have internet.
Tablo Features Tablo takes the fear out of cord-cutting by making it easy to browse, record and stream live, local TV broadcast programs in full HD quality. Key features include:
– Watch, pause and record live HDTV: Skip commercials, schedule recordings by series (only new episodes or all episodes), or by episode, and manage existing recordings
– Record/Stream two different programs simultaneously: Two OTA Tuners (4 Tuner version available Q2 2014)
– Unlimited Local Storage for Recordings: Two USB ports, each support external hard drives up to 2 TB
– Intuitive Touchscreen Program Guide: Browse and search with a keyboard, not a remote
– Compatible with all mobile devices: Native apps for Apple and Android tablets; HTML5 app for smartphones and computers
– Watch on the big screen TV: Works with AppleTV, Roku or Chromecast* (*Pending SDK release)
– Flexible setup: Embedded WiFi for connecting to the router wirelessly if required
The Tablo DVR will ship in February and will retail for $219 for the 2 Tuner model with optional program guide data subscriptions for $4.99/Month, $49.99/Year, or $149.99/lifetime. The Tablo 4 Tuner model will be available later in the spring with an anticipated retail price of $249.99. Hit the link below for Tablo’s website.
Last Updated on January 23, 2017.