There are a ton of external battery options out on the market, just browse Amazon and you’ll find them practically jumping out of your screen! We’ve reviewed a few here on Techaeris and sometimes we investigate new stuff coming out. We ran across a company called Limefuel yesterday and found their latest Kickstarter project for their IP66 Rugged. The battery itself looks amazing, you can read more about it after the break. What really impressed me was the fact that these guys launched their Kickstarter campaign and in just one day hit their $30,000 goal! That really speaks volumes about a company. Shows there are loyal and trusting customers out there who believe this battery is one of the best, it certainly impressed me. We’ll be keeping our eye on Limefuel and hopefully be bringing you some reviews of their products! There’s still 39 days left to go so plenty of time to get in on the perks and get yours. Check out the video below and read more about the IP66 Rugged. Hit the Kickstarter logo to go to their Kickstarter page!
During our first, successful Kickstarter campaign for the Blast battery pack, some supporters asked for a more tough and durable battery design. Starting with that suggestion, and trying to improve upon other rugged battery packs available on the market, we’ve developed the Limefuel Rugged L150XR.
By combining Limefuel’s signature ultra-high capacity battery power with an IP66 rated outer enclosure, the Limefuel L150XR takes a beating while packing a punch. With anIngress Protection rating of IP66, the Rugged has the highest IP rating in the external battery market. It is totally dust proof, water proof (when the top cover is closed), and shock, crush and vibration proof. We’ve even run over it with a car!
The Limefuel Rugged comes equipped with a 5V/2A(max) input for faster charging, dual 5V/2.4A(max) outputs to charge multiple devices at the same time, a touch activated power indicator, pass-through charging enabled, auto-on and auto-off functionality as well as a slot for a strap or clip so you can take the Rugged anywhere.
We developed the Limefuel Rugged to go anywhere you can go, even some places that leave others shaking their heads! This unit can withstand the rigors of your active life, including the bumps along the way and still have the power to keep your devices going.
Some of our favorite uses:
- Outdoor Sports: Even when you get wet camping, hiking, fishing, hunting or canoeing the Limefuel Rugged has you covered. Strap the L150XR to your pack and head to the lake or out on a trail.
- Adrenaline Junkies: This unit can take all the impact and vibration you can dish out whether mountain biking, skiing, motorcycling, climbing or skateboarding.
- Work: IP rated as dust proof, the Limefuel Rugged is just as content on the job site as on the commute to the office.
- Urban Adventures: Whether trekking, traveling, commuting or sightseeing this unit can power your devices from point A to point B and beyond. Don’t worry about damaging the battery if it’s dropped on the sidewalk or in a puddle.
- Emergency Ready: A trusted power source, this unit can hold its charge for up to one year and is designed to withstand the elements when you need it most.
- Daily Life: Sometimes the ‘everyday’ is anything but and can present the most damaging situations for your devices.
Where will you take it?
The Rugged is able to charge most electronic devices meant to be charged with a USB power source including but not limited to Android phones, tablets, iPads, iPhones, MP3 players and iPods, smartphones, GPS units, Kindles and other eReaders, portable speakers, bluetooth devices, digital point-n-shoot cameras, camcorders, and GoPro cameras. Don’t see your device listed? Ask us, we’re happy to help! Due to voltage variations, the Rugged L150XR can not charge laptop computers.
Last Updated on January 23, 2017.