In case you missed it, we reviewed Jackbox Games’ latest offering, Fibbage: The Hilarious Bluffing Party Game, last week. We’re enjoying the game over here at MOARGeek and want you to join in the fun! Jackbox Games has given us TWO codes to give away to our readers.
After putting on our thinking caps and vetoing the usual “comment-on-this-post/visit-our-website/posting-code-to-first-come-first-serve” ways of giving out game codes, we thought what better way to give away Fibbage codes than by playing Fibbage with you?! Being a local multiplayer game, we had to test a few things out, and last night our test was a success and had a great time playing a few games remotely with some of the MOARGeek staff.
So how do we plan to give these codes away? The great thing about Fibbage is that you don’t need to own it to play! All you need (if you’re at your friend’s house) is your mobile device. To play remotely you’ll need a computer to view the Twitch stream, and a mobile device to play along. We’ll play a few games, but only have 2 codes to give away and will be giving them away randomly based on pre-determined aspects of gameplay.
The rules are simple:
- You MUST have an XBL account.
- Load up our Twitch stream Friday, August 29th at 8pm PST/11pm EST.
- Once the stream starts, hit up the Fibbage site listed in the stream on your phone or tablet (or scan the QR code).
- Enter your XBL gamertag as this is how we’ll be sending out the codes.
- Enter in the room code.
- Once the room is full, we’ll proceed with the first game.
- If you don’t get in on the first game, don’t worry – after the game ends we’ll restart the game but play with NEW players.
- NOTE: by playing, you are consenting to MOARGeek to stream, and later upload and share, footage of the game.
- HAVE FUN!
As we mentioned above, as Fibbage is a local multiplayer game and not necessarily suited for online multiplayer, here’s a few things to note:
- The Twitch stream is delayed by 8-10 seconds. This doesn’t seriously affect game play as the questions and prompts on your mobile device are in sync with the game source – so keep an eye on your mobile device, everyone’s answers and the current score will be displayed a bit later than what your mobile device is asking you to do.
- Please do not press the start game or continue with same players buttons when the game ends – please let us “run the show”.
- Because we don’t know all who will be watching, please keep it clean. Mature answers are allowed (especially given the nature of some of the questions), but please keep the vulgarity out of the game itself.
- The biggest thing to be aware of is that this game is not meant to be played in this way. Should the Twitch stream freeze on your end, or your mobile device lose sync, unfortunately there is nothing we can do about that. We did test it and it works well enough so we thought we’d give this a try to make our code giveaway more fun!
NOTE: Because this is an online, streaming contest, technical difficulties may arise – especially in light of recent DDOS attacks on various gaming services. Should we be unable to run the contest Friday night, we will reschedule as soon as we can!
Looking forward to seeing you there – if you have any questions or concerns, comment below or hit us up on Google+, Facebook, or Twitter.
Last Updated on