StarDrive 2, the follow up to the popular space-strategy game StarDrive, released on Steam today allowing players to build a galactic empire through real-time space or all new ground combat.
An evolution of the initial release, StarDrive 2 now incorporates turn-based real time 4X – eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, and eXterminate – strategy. Players will be able to design and deploy custom spaceships, as well as hire heroes to take on and conquer new alien civilizations while expanding their empire.
“Creating StarDrive 2 on the Unity engine has been a rich, rewarding experience, and now that it’s complete, I am totally excited for fans of the franchise and 4X genre to dive in,” said Daniel DiCicco, Zero Sum Games. “There is so much more here that 4X gamers will enjoy: The ship design offers a better, faster interface, the ground battles add diversity, new alien races add complexity, and the Unity Engine shines in the background all the while.”
Other StarDrive 2 gameplay features include:
- Turn-based, Real-time: Players build a space empire in a turn-based environment, but experience battles in real-time.
- Nine Alien Races: Experience a multitude of pirate factions, handle interspecies relations, conduct diplomacy and espionage, and make alien friends or enemies.
- Ship Design: Build ships in the Custom Ship Design Mode and take them into real-time battles featuring stunning visuals and sound effects.
- Heroes: Gamers can hire unique heroes to govern their worlds or to command their mighty fleets in battle.
- Expansive Universe and Lore: Populate the universe and colonize planets, moons, asteroid belts, gas giants and more, and discover the extensive, unique lore by encountering dozens of anomalies, heroes, and galactic mysteries that will ensure no two games will ever play the same.
- High Tech: Gamers can research hundreds of technologies, including technologies that are unique to their race, and unlock even more through in-game events and galactic exploration.
- Battle Arena Mode: Enter Battle Arena mode for quick-fix battles against cunning AI opponents.
- Unity Built: Created on the Unity engine for simultaneous release on PC, Mac and Linux.
- Full Steam Support: Includes Steam features such as Trading Cards, Achievements and Steam Workshop, enabling modders to create and share their own in-game heroes, events, Battle Arena campaigns, ship modules, weapons, sound effects, and more.
You can pick up the game in two versions, Classic for $29.99 or the Digital Deluxe for $34.99 which also includes a Digital Artbook, Paint Job Pack, Desing Journal and soundtrack.[button type=”link” link=”http://store.steampowered.com/app/252450/” variation=”btn-danger” target=”blank”]Purchase StarDrive 2 from Steam[/button]
Last Updated on November 27, 2018.