Motorola’s David Schuster took to Google+ yesterday to announce the official full roll-out of Android 5.1 to the first generation Moto X (2013).
The update roll-out comes on the heels of the traditional Motorola soak test that had been taking place. Schuster said the roll-out would be begin with U.S. Retail, Brazil Retail and Rogers in Canada.
Some of the updates include:
- Material Design across system themes, colors and widgets
- Notifications UI and Priorities
- Ability to tailor how interruptions behave – allow all, none, or priority only. Personalize what Priority is, even tailor Priority interruptions to come from specific contacts.
- New Overview space (formerly called Recents)
- Motorola Assist, Motorola Active Display, Moto Voice, and Moto Actions
- Choice between stock Moto Display and Lollipop’s Ambient Display
- Multiple user accounts – set up multiple user accounts on your device; give calling and text privileges to other users of your device, or restrict them as you like.
- Screen pinning – allows you to keep a specific app or screen in view. For example, you can pin a game and your child will not be able to navigate anywhere else on your phone (I really like this idea!)
- New Battery settings panel and new Battery Saver mode
- Smart Lock – allow trusted devices to keep your phone unlocked (such as a Moto 360, Bluetooth car kit or headset, etc).
If you receive a notification for this update, Motorola recommends that your phone be at least 50% charged and connected to WiFi. Select “Yes I’m in”, and after the software is downloaded select “Install now”. After the installation, your phone will restart automatically.
If you havent’ received a notification message for the update, look in Settings > About Phone > System Updates. From there you should be able to follow the same steps as above.
Any readers with a Moto X (2013) seeing the Android 5.1 update yet? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook![button link=”https://plus.google.com/+DavidSchuster/posts/bEVD4De32Uo” icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Google+[/button][button link=”https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/105221″ icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Motorola[/button]
Last Updated on November 27, 2018.