The DJI Phantom 4 drone has been launched and DJI continues to prove it makes some of the better drones on the market today. While the DJI Phantom 4 isn’t going to be cheap on your wallet with an MSRP of $1,399 USD, it continues to offer one of the better drone experiences out there. One of the biggest improvements on this new version of the DJI Phantom is the obstacle avoidance feature, now you don’t have to worry about smashing your thousand dollar drone into a tree. Of course there are other improvements all around like a 25% increase in flight time over the previous Phantom.
Main features of the DJI Phantom 4 drone include:
- Avoid obstacles automatically.
- Track moving subjects automatically using ActiveTrack.
- TapFly lets you fly with a tap of the finger.
- Smart Return Home allows the Phantom to avoid obstacles as it returns home.
- 28 minute maximum flight time, maximum control range of 3.1mi (5km).
- Maximum speed of 44mph (72kmh).
- Integrated gimbal for greater camera stability and smoother footage.
- Optimized Vision Positioning System raises positioning altitude up to 10 meters.
The camera shoots in 4K at 30fps and 1080p at 120fps and has the very awesome gimbal that DJI is known for, keeping your drone footage smooth as butter. A range of video color profiles are available to help you get the look you want easily, from bright vibrant colors to professional flat profiles including D-Log and Cine-D that are ready for video post-production. Photographers can shoot images in 12 megapixel Adobe DNG RAW. We’ve yet to review a drone here on the site but we’ve reached out to DJI for a review unit and perhaps they’ll be our first drone review, stay tuned!
What do you think of the DJI Phantom 4? Are you picking one up? What other drones are you considering? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter, Facebook and Google+.[button link=”http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-4″ icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: DJI[/button]
Last Updated on February 14, 2017.