It’s that time again to see what’s New on Netflix Canada in May, and what’s leaving the streaming service. We’re also trying something new this month by adding links to all of the shows and movies listed to help you find them more easily, let us know how you like it! And be sure to check back later for the what’s New on Netflix U.S. list coming soon.
A couple Netflix Originals are returning for second seasons, and a few new Netflix Originals are debuting. First up is the new series Marseille which debuts on May 5th. Starring Gérard Depardieu, Benoît Magimel, and Géraldine Pailhas, the series follows the long time mayor of Marseille as he faces a merciless election against his young, ambitious former protégé.
Netflix’s Grace and Frankie, which stars Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin as a pair of wives who are stunned when their husbands, played by Martin Sheen and Sam Waterson, want divorces because they are gay and in love with each other, returns on May 6th for its second season.
Also debuting on May 6th is the Ali Wong: Baby Cobra comedy special. Chelsea Handler’s new talk show series, Chelsea, debuts on the 11th, while another new series for Netflix, Lady Dynamite — in which comedian Maria Bamford stars in a series inspired by her own life, debuts on May 20th.
May 27th is a busy day for Netflix Originals as we see season 2 of Bloodline and the first part of season 2 of Chef’s Table hit the streaming service. The second of four films Adam Sandler and Netflix are partnering on also debuts on the 27th. In The Do-Over, Sandler reunites with David Spade. The pair star as two down-on-their-luck guys who decide to fake their own deaths and start over with new identities. This one is definitely not for the kids!
Finally, on May 31st, the second season of Scream starts streaming with new episodes airing weekly. With the killer revealed at the end of last season, don’t be fooled into believing the mystery has been solved or that more blood won’t spill at Lakewood High. As the second season opens, the hunt is on for the killer’s partner.
Netflix Original Series For Kids
Speaking of kids, May 27th also sees the return of Mako Mermaids, with its fourth season. The sequel to H2O, follows Zac, a boy who accidentally turns into a merman and threatens the existence of three young mermaids who guard Mako Island.
New TV Series/Season
May sees the following TV series and seasons being added to the Netflix Canada roster:
- Marseille (Season 1)
- Grace and Frankie (Season 2)
- Chelsea (Season 1)
- American Dad (Season 10)
- Lady Dynamite (Season 1)
- The Fosters (Season 2)
- Hell on Wheels (Season 5)
- Scream (Season 2 – new episodes weekly)
The following movies are coming to Netflix Canada this month:
- Cool Runnings
- Déjà Vu
- Fantastic Four
- I Am Road Comic
- Kevin Hart Presents Keith Robinson: Back of The Bus Funny
- Kevin Hart Presents Lil Rel: RELevent
- Kevin Hart Presents: Plastic Cup Boyz
- Mistress America
- Palm Trees in the Snow
- She’s Beautiful When She’s Angry
- Somm: Into the Bottle
- Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers: Runnin’ Down a Dream
- Treasure Planet
- Who’s Driving Doug
Last Chance to Watch on Netflix Canada
The following movies & shows are leaving Netflix Canada, check out some of the suggested alternatives!
- The 40-Year-Old Virgin — Suggested: Couples Retreat, 21 Jump Street
- Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked — Suggested: The LEGO Movie, Home
- The Fault in Our Stars — Suggested: Paper Towns, Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
- Footloose (1984) — Suggested: Mamma Mia!, Step Up 3
- Identity Thief — Suggested: Bridesmaids, Spy
- The Island — Suggested: The 100, Ant-Man
- Mr. Peabody & Sherman (movie) — Suggested: The Mr Peabody & Sherman Show (series), Dawn of the Croods
And there you have what’s new and what’s leaving Netflix Canada in May. Let us know what you’re looking forward to watching this month in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.