We’ve certainly reviewed a few interesting products here at Techaeris over the past few years, and our Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamp review takes a look at an interesting lamp with holistic features.
The Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamp has the following features and specifications:
- UNCOMPROMISED QUALITY: Hand selected from the Himalayan Mountains, only salt crystals with the best clarity, shape, and color purity are hand carved ensuring natural rock of highest quality. This lamp offers better light transmittance and less specks and spotting.
- STAINLESS STEEL BASE: Built to last. Designed with a modern stainless steel base for maximum safety and a product lifespan. The stainless steel base absorbs and evaporates surrounding water molecules, emits negative ions, and guards the wire from unwanted moisture keeping the product safe for everyday use.
- HOLISTIC HEALTH: The Elora emits negative ions that fight against electromagnetic radiation and fights fatigue and sluggishness. The naturally ionized air also helps you sleep better at night, allowing you to wake refreshed, breathe smoother, and soothe allergies.
- TOUCH CONTROLLED DIMMABLE LIGHTING: Our lamp is brighter and safer with touch control options to suit your mood and needs. Just press and hold the touch control to adjust the lamp’s brightness. UL Certified;. 1 Year Limited Warranty: FCC, CE, RoHS Approved. Extra Replacement Bulb included.
- PACKAGING Design & Perfect Gifts: Wrapped with care in PE foam and shrink wrap, this product is sealed and boxed to trap moisture and grant protection from unwanted shifts to preserve the unique designer craftsmanship. The perfect gift for college students, loved ones, office mates, friends, and parents to help promote a stress-reducing environment and to aid those with breathing difficulties, asthma, and allergies. Great addition for meditation and yoga spaces.
- Style: Modern
- Color: Orange
- Material: Crystal salt rock
- Finish: Stainless Steel
- Number of Lights: 1
- Included Components: Bulb included
- Maximum Compatible Wattage: 15 watts
- Voltage: 120 volts
- Specific Uses: Light
- Fixture Features: Dimmable, a natural air purifier, Reduces stress and allergies, Improves breathing, Increases energy, Improves sleep
- Shade Color: orange
- Shade Material: Stone
- Light Direction: Adjustable
- Plug Format: Plug-in. 2m power cord
- Switch Style: Push button
- Certification: UL Listed
- Bulb Length: 4 inches
- Item Weight: 8.9 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 11.3 x 7.1 x 7.1 inches
- Base Diameter: 4 inches
- Warranty: 1 year
What’s in the Box
- 1x Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamp
- 2x 15 watt light bulbs
- 1x user guide
For starters, the Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamp comes in a very attractive package, pretty much gift box ready. The red box almost looks Christmasy and has two ribbon handles on it. Upon opening the box, the salt lamp is nicely protected with a PE foam top and bottom cushion. Removing the salt lamp from the box and you’ll immediately notice the weight to it.
The salt lamp itself is a large Himalayan orangish salt crystal, with a rough cylindrical shape. The salt crystal (yes it’s really salt, well at least it tastes like salt) is set into a stainless steel base with the Levoit logo etched into it at the front. The base also has a thin plastic bottom with feet to raise the lamp up a bit from whatever surface you’ve placed it on.
The 2 meter (6.5′) white power cord comes out the back of the salt lamp and features a touch sensor for turning the lamp on and off and adjusting the brightness of the lamp. The cord also includes a velcro strap for tying up extra slack.
Overall the salt lamp has a pretty interesting look — each one is supposedly unique in shape and look and I can see why, and has a nice glow to it when plugged in. Himalayan salt lamps are supposedly known for their holistic features, and according to Levoit the lamp emits negative ions that fight against electromagnetic radiation and fights fatigue and sluggishness. The naturally ionized air also helps you sleep better at night, allowing you to wake refreshed, breathe smoother, and soothe allergies. To be honest, I couldn’t really notice any difference in my mood or level of feeling refreshed when I had the lamp plugged in in the living room, basement by the computer, or in the bedroom. Maybe I’m just burning both ends of the candle too hard 😉 — but there are people who swear by the holistic features of these lamps. That being said, the glow was somewhat soothing and does provide a nice ambient mood lighting for the room or area you have it set up in.
With an MSRP of $69.99USD, the Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamp is currently on sale for $59.99 on Amazon. It’s a bit more expensive than some other salt lamps on the market but it’s well constructed and looks both modern with the stainless steel base and rustic with the salt crystal perched on top.
If you’re after a unique looking lamp for your home or office, the Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamp definitely fits the bill and would make a great gift as well.Purchase from Amazon