With Mass Effect: Andromeda due out on March 21st for most — those with EA Access on Xbox One or Origin Access on PC have been playing it since yesterday — Electronic Arts has released the Mass Effect: Andromeda APEX HQ companion app on Android and iOS.
Like the main game, though, Mass Effect: Andromeda APEX HQ is currently only available for some — namely those in Canada, Ireland, Romania, and Singapore. It will roll out to the rest of the world on March 2oth, the day before the anticipated RPG from BioWare officially launches. Now before you get too excited about the app, it seems to be mostly a multiplayer experience companion app which allows you to change your loadouts, command strike teams, and keep up to date with your multiplayer progression, as well as news and missions.
Using the App
Now that you’ve signed in, it’s time to see what APEX HQ can do. We’ve highlighted some key features in each section:
- Here, you’ll get a snapshot of your multiplayer progression so far.
- Each widget on the homepage is customizable – you choose which ones to show or hide, and the order they appear.
- Tap ‘Send Feedback’ to report a bug, suggest an improvement or just let us know what you think.
- See who you’ve unlocked so far, mark your favorites for later, and set an active character for your next match.
- Adjust your active character’s loadout before jumping in to multiplayer. Here, you can equip, swap and modify weapons so you’ll be ready to play at a moment’s notice.
- Further your active character’s skill tree progression by spending points to learn skills, or re-spec them entirely.
- Send out Strike Teams from in-app in return for in-game rewards for successful missions.
- Recruit and equip new teams for greater chances of success.
- Customize team names and descriptions for fighting force that’s uniquely yours.
- Track your progress as you unlock characters, rewards and inventory items in the Collections section.
- Watch as you rise through the ranks in the global leaderboards, and see how you stack up against your friends.
- See how you’re doing in multiplayer challenges, check out achievements you’ve unlocked so far (and the ones you haven’t), and view your progression towards each bonus stat.
- View details all APEX missions currently available. You can also see which missions you’ve already completed, and when incomplete ones expire.
- Get all the latest news and updates on what’s happening in Mass Effect: Andromeda’s multiplayer.
- Window shop and see new store items available for purchase in game.
As long as you’ve logged in with the same EA Account linked to your console or PC, you’ll be able to track the above features.
Have you snagged the Mass Effect: Andromeda companion app yet? Have you been playing the game through EA Access or Origin Access? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.Source: Mass Effect: Andromeda APEX HQ Download from Google Play Download from Apple App Store