It’s been ten years since a FlatOut Racing game was released on an Xbox console and nine years for the PlayStation (Portable). Publisher Strategy First has teamed up with Kylotonn and U&I Entertainment to revamp the series and after a digital release in March, FlatOut 4: Total Insanity is now available at retail for the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 consoles.
The latest in the FlatOut franchise, Total Insanity lets you smash, burn, and bring mayhem to the race track in both online and offline multiplayer races. The game features nitro boosts, dynamically changing tracks, arenas, and a number of different game modes.
The FlatOut 4: Total Insanity console edition features:
- Customizable Cars: Unlock 27 cars to customize and race, including tributes to fan favorites and new additions to the garage;
- Dynamic Tracks: 20 tracks including traditional derby racing, time trials, arenas, assault levels, carnage levels and much more;
- Destructible Environments: Vehicular havoc and destruction return to the world of racing with high-speed collisions and wild destructible environments;
- The Legendary Stunt Mode: Six new stunts and six re-imagined classic stunt mini-games await fans in search of epic collisions and death-defying maneuvers;
- Arena Mode: Three gameplay styles including Death Match, Capture the Flag and Survivor;
- New Assault Mode: An arsenal of deadly weapons slow or destroy opponents;
- Single Player Campaign: Experience Race, Destroy and Stuntman modes offline before showing off your skills in multiplayer races;
- Hot Seat Mode: Players take turns in hot seat competition of Stunts;
- Multiplayer Mayhem: Competitive local and online modes allow up to eight players to master destruction arenas, race courses and set traps.
FlatOut 4: Total Insanity is now available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles at retail locations in North and South America for $49.99USD, and we’ll have the full review here at Techaeris shortly.
Last Updated on