We’ve reviewed numerous Lenovo products here in the past and have been pretty impressed with their IdeaPad Y-series gaming laptops. Earlier this year, Lenovo announced the introduction of the Legion gaming series, covering both laptops and desktop gaming configurations. With the announcement came news of the Y720 and Y520-series gaming laptops, but nothing was mentioned about their beefier Y9xx-series.
Lenovo has announced today the Lenovo Legion Y920, a powerful, VR-ready 17-inch pro-level gaming laptop rig. Packed with up to Intel’s latest overclockable 7th Gen Intel Core i7 K series processor, up to NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1070 8G DDR5 graphics and mechanical backlit RGB keyboard with lighting effects, Lenovo claims that the new Lenovo Legion Y920 Laptop is their best gaming laptop yet.
Specifications of the Lenovo Legion Y920 include:
- Processor: 7th Gen Intel Core i7-7820HK / i7-7700HQ
- OS: Windows 10
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 1070 (8GB) GDDR5 with PCI Express
- Memory: 16GB
- Storage: 512GB SSD/1TB HDD
- Audio: Dolby Home Theatre Audio, 2x 2W JBL Speakers, 3W Bass Subwoofer
- Display: 17.3 FHD (1920×1080) Gsync IPS
- Camera: 720p
- Ports/Features: VR Ready, Mechanical Backlit Keyboard with Lighting Effects, KillerTM Wireless-AC 1535, Killer LAN, Bluetooth 4.0, 4xUSB 3.0, Thunderbolt, HDMI, RJ45, Display Port, 6 in 1 Card Reader
- Battery: 6 Cell, 90Wh Li-Polymer
- Weight: 10.14lbs (4.6kg)
- Dimension: 16.7” x 12.4” x 1.41” inches (425 x 315 x 36mm)
- Materials: Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS Plastic)
The 17-inch Lenovo Legion Y920 starts at $2,699.99USD and will be available online starting June 2017. We’ll most likely have one of these for review at some point in the future, so be sure to check back for our full review on the latest addition to Lenovo’s Legion family.