Networking can be a complicated beast for many users but a mesh network solution could alleviate some of the pain. D-Link‘s mesh network solution is Covr and it’s available today to order. Covr is an AC3900 whole home system that provides double the speed and makes your network seamless experience.
Features included with Covr are:
- MU-MIMO Technology: Efficiently handles large groups of concurrent users
- 11AC Wireless Speeds2:
- AC2600 Dual-Band MU-MIMO Wi-Fi Router (COVR-2600R) – 4×4 11ac with up to 1733Mbps on the 5GHz band and 800Mbps on 2.4GHz band for maximum throughput with less interference
- AC1300 Gigabit Wi-Fi Extender (COVR-1300E) – 2×2 11ac with up to 867Mbps on the 5GHz band and 400Mbps on the 2.4GHz band
- Smart Roaming: Devices automatically connect to the router and range extender depending on which networking device provides the optimal Wi-Fi signal
- More Coverage: Provides reliable Wi-Fi for up to 6,000 square feet of seamless coverage
- QoS Engine: Traffic optimization improves gaming experience, ensuring game traffic is prioritized over other network traffic
- Easy Setup: Router and Extender come pre-paired out of the box for simple setup
- D-Link Wi-Fi App: The new D-Link Wi-Fi app provides quick and simple set up as well as device management
- Backward Compatible: Supports legacy devices and Wi-Fi standards (802.11n/g)
- Three Year Limited Warranty: Includes a three-year limited warranty and D-Link’s industry-leading customer service and support
The COVR mesh network system is available now for purchase and is priced at $299.99USD on Amazon or D-Link. Read the full press release below and stay tuned for our review soon. What do you think of Covr? Let us know in the comments below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.
FULL PRESS RELEASE
New D-Link Covr Wi-Fi System Delivers Seamless High-Power Wi-Fi Throughout Entire Home
Covr AC3900 Whole Home Wi-Fi System Provides up to Two Times Faster Wi-Fi Speeds in One Seamless Network
FOUNTAIN VALLEY, Calif. – July 25, 2017 – D-Link, a global leader in networking and the connected home, today announced the immediate availability of its seamless whole home Wi-Fi solution, the Covr AC3900 Wi-Fi System (Covr-3902). The Covr Wi-Fi system is a simple, intelligent solution that uses a high-performance router and seamless extender to create a single network with ultra-fast speeds and reliable connectivity. Combined, Covr’s router and extender kit deliver up to 6,000 square feet of seamless coverage – eliminating Wi-Fi dead spots to even the farthest reaches of a home.
While other mesh network solutions rely on multiple access points, D-Link’s Covr Wi-Fi System uses a premium AC2600 router as the core of the wireless network to create a ‘PowrZone’ where users need the strongest signal. The PowrZone provides up to two times faster Wi-Fi speeds1 than competitors, along with the advanced features to handle bandwidth intensive activities like 4K streaming and lag-free gaming on multiple devices. Combined with the seamless extender to cover hard to reach areas, D-Link’s Covr delivers a Wi-Fi signal to all areas of the home, including upstairs, basements and backyards.
“Today’s Wi-Fi users are continually adding devices to their network and pushing its limits with high bandwidth activities like streaming 4K content and online gaming. With Covr, we wanted to provide a solution that could not only handle multiple devices streaming, gaming and surfing all at once, but also give users wall-to-wall coverage without any Wi-Fi dead spots,” said Oscar Reyes, vice president of marketing, D-Link Systems. “Covr provides one seamless, high-powered network for a simple, user-friendly whole home Wi-Fi Solution.”
As more devices are added to Covr’s network, its intuitive features take away the complexity of managing a home wireless network. Smart Steering technology works to balance the load between the 2.4 and 5GHz wireless bands. Covr intelligently prioritizes activities and steers devices between bands as more devices connect, making sure each device has optimal performance. Covr, unlike a traditional router-extender solution, creates a seamless network with a single network name (SSID) – allowing users to move throughout the home while devices automatically connect to the strongest signal, eliminating the need to disconnect and reconnect.
1. Up to 2X faster speeds when connected to the Covr AC2600 Wi-Fi Router compared to AC1200 Wi-Fi Systems.
2. Maximum wireless signal rate derived from IEEE 802.11ac specifications. Actual data throughput will vary. Network conditions and environmental factors, including volume of network traffic, building materials and construction, and network overhead, lower actual data throughput rate. Environmental factors may adversely affect wireless signal range.