Chicago is the city we operate out of and it’s the city I’ve lived in and around for most of my life. So anytime we get any sort of tech type news coming out of Chicago, you can bet we’ll try and cover it. Such as the newly opened Chicago hotel, Hotel EMC2. The brainchild of local real estate developer Scott Greenberg, President and CEO of SMASHotels, Hotel EMC2 embodies the spirit of technology, art, and science. The hotel is located in the Streeterville neighborhood located on Chicago’s near north side not far from Lincoln Park.
Hotel EMC2 is being managed by General Manager Christine Wechter and brings a variety of tech-centric elements to its experience. Featuring everything from in-room acoustic amplifiers, to functional robots, to live streaming monitors in the kitchen of the hotel’s restaurant, the Albert, the dynamic hotel offers a genuinely inspirational atmosphere meant to ignite the imaginations of guests. CEO Scott Greenberg had this to say about the hotel:
“I wanted to tackle the challenge of elevating the more menial aspects of a typical guest experience by creating more interactive elements that spark curiosity,” said Greenberg. “This cutting-edge technology amplified throughout the property exemplifies our passion for creativity and education, and further illustrates the art and science intersection philosophy.”
Here’s a short rundown (provided by the hotel) of what you can expect at Hotel EMC2, should you book a stay during your visit to Chicago.
- Relay Robots – Featuring the latest in technology from Savioke, Hotel EMC2 has introduced two 3-foot tall Relay robots to help with day-to-day hotel operations. Cleo and Leo, which were aptly named as part of the hotel’s dedication to honoring brilliant minds, can independently roam the property via the destination elevators to deliver guests everything from towels and toothbrushes to personalized cards.
- Alexa – Each guest room in the hotel is equipped with an Amazon Alexa, a voice-activated device programmed by Volara, to answer specific questions and relay tailored information related to the hotel. Guests can also utilize Alexa to request specific amenities from Cleo and Leo.
- Destination Elevators – Introduced with the purpose to elevate guests both literally and mentally, the destination elevators are not typical elevators in that instead of pressing up or down buttons, guests can select their preferred floor from a keypad outside the doors. Upon check-in, staff can select a guest’s floor from behind the desk, making for a much more exciting journey from the lobby to the room.
- Live Streaming Monitors – Boasting a partially-transparent prep space, the Albert features monitors that showcase premier plating orchestrated by the chef directly to the restaurant, providing diners with a more inclusive experience.
- The Study – Situated on each floor of the hotel, “The Study” captivates guests with a vast series of live animated drawings illustrated on high-end monitors. Created by local artist and self-proclaimed Spontoonist, Jonathan Plotkin, the drawings can be customized by guests for special events or specific groups.
- Zingle – To create tailored experiences for guests before they even walk through the front door, Hotel EMC2 is utilizing Zingle, a messaging platform that enables the front office to customize text messages before arrival. The software will also be used by the hotel staff to communicate with groups, promote special offerings, and share meeting locations and itineraries.
- Acoustic Amplifiers – Uniquely designed by Rockwell Group, acoustic amplifiers embellish each guest room with the ability to magnify music volume from a smartphone or small media player. Beautifully accented with a rose gold finish, the amplifiers are another example of how art and science are connected and showcased throughout the hotel.
Hotel EMC2 is located at 228 E. Ontario Street in Chicago with room rates starting at $249 USD a night. Check out the link below for more information on their website.Source: Hotel EMC2
Last Updated on