Some of you may not be familiar with Chinese electronics maker XGIMI but they do sell their wares on Amazon. The company makes a variety of projectors and they’ve announced three new short throw laser projectors to the market. Their T1 4K dual-color, A1 1080p, and A1 Pro 1080p. If you’re not familiar with short throw projectors, these things have the ability to project large images in tight spaces. The folks over at the Projector People have a spot-on description of the difference in short throw projectors:
These projectors have very short throw ratios, the distance from projector to screen compared to the screen size. For example, a “regular” projector with a 1.5:1 throw ratio would have to be 7.5 feet back to project a 60-inch wide image. A short throw projector with a throw ratio of 0.6:1 can project the same image when placed less than three feet away from the screen. An ultra short throw projector with a 0.37:1 throw ratio can project the same image from just 1.85 feet away.
The T1 is XGIMI’s flagship beast and here’s a brief rundown of what you can expect to see on it and from it, according to XGIMI:
- Metal and black walnut design compliment a variety of home decor
- Diffuse reflectance imaging
- Radiation risk is lower than an LED TV
- Half the power consumption compared to the same size LED TV
- Can be used for more than 10 years even with daily use
- 4,000 ANSI Lumen
- Highest brightness on the market and maintains color in strong light
- 4K resolution
- NTSC color gamut up to 94.8% compared to LED TV’s at 70-80%
- Partners with DLP manufacturer Coretronic Corporation
- DLP BrilliantColor technology
- Harman-Kardon surround sound
These projectors look pretty sweet though they’re not going to be cheap. The T1 flagship is going to clock in at around $11,760 USD while the A1 and A1 Pro bring up the rear at $3,380 USD and $4,400 USD respectively. Be sure to check XGIMI’s website if you’re interested, they should be available soon and likely will be on Amazon at some point.
Last Updated on January 12, 2019.