Sharp Aquos S2 is the next “bezel-less” smartphone

, ,

A company that once was one of the best TV sellers here in the US, Sharp has announced a new phone that has a very small amount of bezel to it. Sharp tried the same thing back in 2014 with the Sharp Aquos Crystal, but it didn’t really gain traction considering it was really only sold at Sprint, Boost, and Virgin Mobile stores. Maybe this year with many smartphone manufacturers going bezel less, Sharp could join the party.

The phone itself looks like the Aquos Crystal with the front screen taking up 90% of the front of the device while the chin takes up the remaining 10% with a fingerprint scanner and a logo. It’s not a bad combo because of the chin looking so small, but that’s only on paper and not in person. There is a front facing camera up top in the middle, but the screen wraps around it making a “u” shape under the camera. It’s kind of cool looking and doesn’t seem to really take away from whatever you’re looking at. More about the screen is at there is a slight cut off in the top right and left even though the phone itself has nice curved edges. The back of the device has a resemblance to the HTC U11 with the glass curving to the metal siding and the dual camera on the rear is vertical just like the upcoming iPhone 8. Sharp is making two different versions of the device, mainly the inside chipset, RAM, and storage but the higher end model is not available yet.

Specs on this phone go as follows:

  • Android 7.1.1 Nougat
  • 5.5″ 1080 x 2040 TFT LCD display
  • Qualcomm Snapdragon 630/660 SoC
  • 64/128GB storage (expandable)
  • 4/6GB RAM
  • Dual rear facing camera, 12MP and 8MP
  • 8MP front facing camera
  • 3,020mAh battery
  • Fingerprint scanner
  • Around $370/$520USD

There’s no telling if this phone will be coming over to the states since it’s really made for China, so don’t go out expecting to get this phone for yourself.

What do you guys think about Sharp’s new smartphone the Sharp Aquos S2? Let us know by leaving your comments down below, or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook.

[button link=”″ icon=”fa-external-link” side=”left” target=”blank” color=”285b5e” textcolor=”ffffff”]Source: Business Insider[/button]

It’s official! Spotify Xbox One app officially launches

Here are three tips to securing your Magento website


Comments are closed.

Latest Articles

Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap