If you own an iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, chances are you’d like an iPad app centered around art. An art-centric iPad app is nothing new, there are plenty in the App Store to choose from. But ShadowDraw is hoping to deliver a different experience to users. The company has teamed up with artists from comics, movies, and TV to show you how to draw their artwork. This unique iPad app allows you to follow the artist’s strokes line by line, sort of like tracing. It’s an interesting concept and it’s demonstrated in the video below.
Superheroes, Cartoons, 2D Animation, Manga, Sketch Art, Architectural Drawings, Perspective Drawings, Cars, Comic Book Design, Character Design, Animals, Figure Drawings, Fantasy Art, Anatomy, Medical Art, Storyboards & More…
Here’s a list of artists ShadowDraw has on board already.
- James Lopez: Veteran Disney animator
- Andrew Robinson: Comic book Artist (Dark Horse comics, DC Comics, Image Comics. Instagram @spacejunkees.)
- Art Thibert: Veteran comic book artist, inker and penciler (Marvel, DC Comics. Instagram @artthibert)
- Jeff Matsuda: Concept artist, comic book artist and animator
- Patrick Ian Moss: Art director, animator, & character designer DreamWorks Animation, Disney Publishing, Mattel, Nickelodeon (Instagram @patrickianmoss)
- Matt Haley: Comic book artist (Marvel, DC, Dark Horse & Image )Instagram @matthaleyart.
- John Hopkins: Comic strip artist
- Kevin Gemser: Character designer, comic book artist and illustrator (Instagram @kevineleventh)
- Holly Cohen: Australian artist (Instagram @artofhollyjayne)
- Sonia Nicolson: Architect & artist (Instagram @layoutlines)
ShadowDraw is currently crowdfunding on Indiegogo, hit the link below to find out more.Source: Indiegogo