While many of us work in offices and use computers or laptops on a daily basis, there is a segment of the workforce that relies on more rugged solutions. Dell has just launched a new rugged tablet — the Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet — which has undergone extreme testing for the mobile workforce.
“Today’s mobile workforce is not limited to those with desk jobs. Military, public safety, manufacturing, infrastructure, field service, energy and adventure sectors are also increasingly mobile and require a device that they can rely on completely to perform mission critical functions in extreme conditions,” said Shannon MacKay, vice president, Dell Rugged. “The new Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet meets and exceeds those needs with a new light-weight form factor, optimized front of screen experience and best-in-class performance. It also delivers on our commitment to our customers’ requests for a stable and long-life cycle ecosystem. The new Rugged Extreme Tablet is a device tested and designed to get work done, no matter how harsh the environmental conditions may be.”
Features of the Dell Latitude 7212 include:
- Scalable performance with 6th and 7th generation Intel Core i-series CPUs for both Windows 7 and Windows 10 support
- Up to 16GB of memory – double the amount of the previous generation
- Up to 1TB of removable PCI-Express NVMe SSD storage for power users and applications that need impressive speed and storage capacity
- Sophisticated 4th generation Dell Quad-Cool passive and active thermal management system uses a sealed fan assembly that efficiently dissipates heat while preventing water and dust particles from entering the device
- Freedom from wires with backward compatible pogo docking for desk and vehicle and USB Type C connectivity with one wire docking
- Optional dedicated GPS location capabilities and optional integrated 4GLTE to keep users connected to mission critical systems on the go
- A multi-touch glove capable bright and vivid 11.6” FHD display that features a Gorilla Glass cover for unparalleled outdoor viewability and durability
- The Dell Rugged ecosystem includes an assortment of handles and straps that have been redesigned for maximum comfort and ease of use for highly mobile users
- Dell’s new external battery charger provides on-the-go charging of up to 2 extra batteries for extended battery life on those long workdays or 24-hour shift environments
- A new kickstand that rotates a full 180 degrees for a variety of comfortable viewing angles
- Forward and backward compatibility for ecosystem and expansion, making it a future-proof investment whether as a replacement or a new purchase
Dell’s rugged line of laptops and tablets undergo some pretty extreme testing to simulate outdoor usage in a range of environments. The Latitude 7212 is no exception and is built to withstand the most brutal environments for those in the military, public safety, industrial, energy, and other demanding sectors.
The Dell Latitude 7212 Rugged Extreme Tablet is available globally now and starts at $1899USD.