In association with Crescent Moon Games and We’re Five Games, Blowfish Studios has released Morphite — a sci-fi atmospheric exploration first-person shooter — on the Xbox One, PlayStation 4, PC, and iOS.
“Morphite recreates the humbling experience of looking at the night sky in awe, while providing the toolset to explore each and every star on an epic interstellar adventure,” said Ben Lee, CEO, Blowfish Studios. “With one of the largest universes ever created in gaming, we know Morphite will provide more adventure than one person could ever complete in a lifetime.”
In the game, players take on the role of Myrah Kale, a space station worker on a journey to find the mythical substance called Morphite. Explore uncharted galaxies and face off against alien life while meeting with friendly explorers on millions of procedurally-generated worlds. Each planet offers a number of sides missions in a rich and diverse ecosystem. The more Myrah learns about the substance, the more information she can sell for weapon, ship, and suit upgrades as well as discover its connection to her past.
Features of the game include:
- Beautiful Stylized Low-Poly Look
- Environmental puzzle solving
- Scan creatures to sell their bio information to upgrade your ship and weapons.
- Find various upgrades throughout your adventures
- Huge bosses to battle
- Navigate the stars with an easy to use Starmap system
- Random encounters aboard your ship
- Real-time space combat
- Space trading
- Resource collection and trading
- Find random weapons and vehicles on various planets
- Upgrade your suit to survive harsher conditions
- Fully voiced main storyline
Morphite is available in for $14.99 USD (€14.99) on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC and $7.99 USD on iOS. The game will be available for the Nintendo Switch in Q4 2017. Check back soon for our full review here at Techaeris.