We feature and review a lot of Bluetooth speakers here and usually, they’re fairly normal sized. The ECOXGEAR EcoBoulder+ is not your average sized Bluetooth speaker though. This thing is built for outdoor and rugged use. The new ECOXGEAR EcoBoulder+ also includes Google Assistant and Siri integration making it easier to interact with your device without touching it. The speaker houses 100 watts of power with an 8″ full range speaker, 3″ tweeter and an 8″ passive subwoofer. Additional features include:
- Removable water-resistant pouch with a waterproof smartphone holder
- ECOCONNECT allows users to wirelessly connect two EcoBoulder+ or any ECOXGEAR product bearing the ECOCONNECT logo
- Two integrated cup holders sized to fit up to a large YETI® 30-oz. rambler
- Integrated bottle opener
- Updated longer retractable handle and rugged wheels
- Bluetooth range is 100 feet and ECOCONNECT wireless range between the speakers is up to 30 feet
Being built for rugged outdoor use, the speaker is also IP67 rated and fully submersible. I’m not sure why anyone would want to actually put speakers underwater but people have done stranger things in the past. The company claims 50-hours of battery life at “normal” listening levels. I think normal is subjective and for me, that means 50-60% volume, that’s the level I use to test all my speakers.
ECOXGEAR, the leader of rugged, portable and waterproof consumer electronics catering to the outdoor lifestyle, has enhanced its fan favorite, EcoBoulder, with the EcoBoulder+ (plus). The speaker is packed with 100 watts of power, an 8” full range speaker, 3” tweeter and an 8” passive woofer to pump some serious tunes at any outdoor outing. To boot, it has added equalizer settings and new digital audio sound processing technology to enhance and customize the already stellar sound. With the integrated ECOTALK technology, you can speak directly into the EcoBoulder+ and access Siri® or OK Google voice assistant – changing the music or volume without getting your smartphone dirty or wet.