With more laptops adopting USB -C which sometimes results in fewer ports, especially legacy ports, the need for USB-C docking stations and hubs is growing. StarTech has just unveiled three new USB-C docking stations with different features based on solving the needs of multiple user types.
“Laptops with USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 port are rapidly appearing on the market, so there is a greater demand for USB-C docking stations. StarTech.com is committed to expanding our docking station line with products that have unique and revolutionary features,” said Carey Cline, Senior Product Manager, StarTech.com. “In addition, our docking stations have the distinction of being both backward compatible and future ready, for product life beyond your laptop.”
The new docking stations have a variety of different features including 4K monitor display outputs, DisplayPort output, SSD or HDD storage bays, power delivery, and additional USB ports.
- Two DisplayPort and one HDMI 4K video output featuring DisplayLink DL-6950 chipset technology
- 120W power adapter providing 60W Power Delivery for laptop charging
- Five USB 3.0 (4x USB-A and 1x USB-C) device ports, including convenient fast-charge ports
- Supports single 5K display output
- Easy access 2.5” SATA HDD/SSD internal drive bay
- Two DisplayPort video outputs
- 100W power adapter providing 60W Power Delivery for laptop charging
- Three USB 3.0 (USB-A) device ports, including convenient front fast-charge ports
- Multiple dual-4K 60Hz video output combinations – dual DisplayPort, dual HDMI, DisplayPort and HDMI
- DisplayLink DL-6950 chipset technology
- Six USB 3.0 (USB-A) ports
- USB-C to USB-C and USB-C to USB-A cables are included
The new USB-C Docking Stations are available at CDW, Amazon.com, Newegg.com, PC Connection, and Insight and start at $223.99USD.
Last Updated on October 20, 2017.