Alongside other pre-CES announcements, Acer is unveiling the Nitro 5 gaming laptop and the Predator Orion 9000 gaming desktop. While the Nitro 5 is aimed at casual gamers, the Predator Orion 9000 is sure to cater to the most particular hardcore gamers.
Acer Nitro 5
With a laser-textured design featuring red accents, the Windows 10 powered Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptop features AMD Radeon RX560 graphics, AMD Ryzen mobile processors, and a 15.6-inch FHD screen.
“With performance to effortlessly power mainstream titles, the Acer Nitro 5 houses essential technologies that casual gamers value most,” said Jerry Hou, General Manager, Consumer Notebooks, IT Products Business, Acer Inc. “We’ve developed the Nitro 5 knowing that gamers want powerful specs to enable great experiences on the go. The new Nitro 5 is designed to tackle these needs and features a striking exterior for added uniqueness.”
Some features and technical specifications of the Acer Nitro 5 include:
- AMD Ryzen mobile processors
- AMD Radeon RX560 graphics
- Up to 32 GB DDR4 RAM
- Up to 512GB SSD
- 15.6-inch Full HD IPS display
- Front-facing HD web camera
- Dolby Audio™ Premium and Acer TrueHarmony™ technology
- Dual-stream 802.11ac wireless technology
- USB Type-C
- HDMI 2.0
- Gigabit Ethernet
The Acer Nitro 5 will be available in North America in April with prices starting at US$799, and in EMEA in April with prices starting at €1,099.
Acer Predator Orion 9000
For the more discerning gamer, the Acer Predator Orion 9000 supports monitors with up to an 8K UHD resolution and can be configured with an Intel®Core™ i9 Extreme Edition processor and up to two NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti graphics cards in SLI. The latest gaming desktop from Acer also features liquid cooling and component upgrades are easy with tool-less side panels and a push open top.
“We’re confident gamers will appreciate the aggressive aesthetics, power and cooling technology of our newest Predator desktops,” said Chris Chiang, vice president of product management, Acer America.
Key features and technical specifications of the Acer Predator Orion 9000 include:
- Up to a cutting-edge Intel®Core™i9 Extreme Edition 18-core processor with 18 cores and 36 threads
- Up to 128GB quad-channel DDR4 memory
- Up to dual NVIDIA®GeForce®GTX 1080Ti cards in SLI
- Two USB 3.1 Gen 2 ports (one Type-C and one Type-A), 8 USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (one Type-C and seven Type-A), and two USB 2.0 ports (Type-A)
- Two M.2 slots
- Up to four PCIe x16 slots
The Acer Predator Orion 9000 series will be available in February with a two-year limited parts and labor warranty and prices starting at US$1,999 (MSRP).