The Xbox Play Anywhere exclusive State of Decay 2 has received an official release date of May 22nd and is also now available for pre-order in two editions. The Standard Edition will set you back $29.99USD while the Ultimate Edition — which includes early access and extra content — will sell for $49.99. Pre-ordering either will also score you the State of Decay 2: Prepper’s Pack with bonus content.
“Our goal is to build a long-term relationship with the State of Decay community and to foster deeper experiences with the franchise. We believe State of Decay 2 accomplishes this goal by immersing fans in the ultimate zombie survival fantasy, and we want to give more players the opportunity to join in and experience this unique game,” said Aaron Greenberg, General Manager of Games Marketing at Microsoft. “Whether you play as an Xbox Game Pass member, purchase the Standard Edition for $29.99, or the Ultimate Edition for $49.99 to get early access and additional content, you get a great game and a larger community to play State of Decay 2 with.”
The State of Decay 2: Prepper’s Pack contains the following in-game bonuses:
- Melee Weapon – Grasscutter: It may not be an immortal blade from ancient history, but it sure slices through zombies as if it were.
- Vehicle – Rhames V (Tiger Claw paint job): A modern truck with a custom paint job.
- Materials – Rucksack of materials. Used for building up and maintaining your base.
- Food – Rucksack of food. Used for feeding your Survivors.
- Skill Book: Gardening – Teaches one of your Survivors the basic Gardening skill. Requires an empty skill slot.
- Facility Mod: Garden Tools – An array of pro-grade cultivation tools. Install this mod in a Garden or Farm to increase our yield.
- 2x 6-slot Backpack
- 5x Boxes of Seeds – Used for upgrading gardens and farms, as well as for boosting their yields.
- Assorted vegetable and herb seeds, useful for growing crops.
- 6x Molotovs – This improvised incendiary bursts on contact, creating a moderate-sized area of burning death.
The State of Decay 2: Ultimate Edition early access will begin on May 18th, will include two add-on packs called “Independence Pack” and “Daybreak Pack” (available at a later release date), and also include a download code for the console version of State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition. Being an Xbox Play Anywhere title, the game will support cross-platform co-op mode allowing players to play with their friends regardless if they are playing the game on their Xbox One or Windows 10 PC. Being a Microsoft exclusive, the game will also be available to play in full for Xbox Game Pass members at no additional charge on May 22nd.Source: Xbox Wire
Last Updated on