Tthe Nintendo Switch is the newest console to hit the market and it’s been getting its fair share of ports and older games. The latest release coming to the Nintendo Switch is the full-motion video (FMV) game from Wales Interactive and Splendy Games: The Bunker.
In case you’re unfamiliar with FMV games, the entire game is a series of live-action scenes with real actors and actresses. After watching a short scene, players interact with it by clicking on an item or a door or choosing a narrative choice to proceed further in the game. In the case of The Bunker, gamers follow the story of John, the last remaining survivor in a nuclear bunker as he ventures not only into forgotten areas of the bunker but also into repressed childhood memories to uncover dark secrets from his past. The Bunker was filmed in a decommissioned government nuclear bunker which really sets the tone for the entire game.
Features of the Nintendo Switch versions of The Bunker include:
- Full touchscreen support on Nintendo Switch
- An incredible cast, including Adam Brown (The Hobbit), Sarah Greene (Penny Dreadful) and Grahame Fox (Game Of Thrones)
- Totally live action – No CGI, no motion capture, shot on location in a genuine decommissioned nuclear bunker
- A complex, twisting plot written by award-winning screenwriters behind Broken Sword, The Witcher, and SOMA
- Hidden secrets, documents and recordings to explore the mystery further
- Neo-retro soundtrack by composer Dom Shovelton
We previously reviewed The Bunker for the Xbox One and found that it “has an interesting story and feels like you are somewhat controlling a movie. If you’re looking for something off the beaten path, this live-action game is definitely worth a playthrough, and it definitely left me wanting more.” Given the play style of the game, the addition of touchscreen support for the Nintendo Switch will fit in nicely.
The Bunker will be available from the Nintendo eShop on April 9th and will be the first FMV game for the portable console.
Last Updated on