With next month right around the corner, Sony has announced their free PlayStation Plus April games to its members. There are six games to choose from depending on which console they own whether it’s the PS4, PS3, or PS Vita. These games will be available the on the first Tuesday of the month, April 3rd.
The games that are coming to the PlayStation 4 for PS Plus members are Mad Max and TrackMania Turbo. In Space We Brawl and Toy Home are going to be free for the PlayStation 3, while 99 Vidas and Q*Bert Rebooted are going to be free for the PS Vita. The PlayStation 4 games are the real highlight here, so if you’re not familiar with the Mad Max and TrackMania Turbo games, you can read the synopsis below. Note, TrackMania Turbo also has a VR mode, so those who have the PSVR will be able to enjoy racing in virtual reality.
Become Mad Max, the lone warrior in a savage post-apocalyptic world where cars are the key to survival. In this action-packed, open world, third person action game, you must fight to stay alive in The Wasteland, using brutal on-ground and vehicular against vicious gangs of bandits. A reluctant hero with an instinct for survival, Max wants nothing more than to leave the madness behind and find solace in the storied “Plains of Silence.” Players are challenged with treacherous missions as they scavenge the dangerous landscape for supplies to build the ultimate combat vehicle.
This item includes some VR content. PlayStation®VR and PlayStation®Camera are required to experience VR functionality.
VR Games may cause some players to experience motion sickness.
Available for the first time on PS4, Trackmania offers you the ultimate arcade racing universe. Test your skills and challenge your friends at home or online.
- 4 ENVIRONMENTS = 4 GAMEPLAYS
- Rollercoaster Lagoon: Defy gravity on magnetic tracks in a tropical paradise,
- International Stadium: Use your driving skills to master this worldwide competition.
- Canyon Grand Drift: Drift through narrow tracks in this red canyon landscape.
- Down & Dirty Valley: Use air control and jump through this countryside setting.
- CAMPAIGN MODE: Unlock up to 200 unique tracks in over 5 difficulty levels. Drive your way to the top of worldwide rankings!
- DOUBLE DRIVER: For the first time in a racing game, team up with a friend and control one car with two controllers!
- TRACKBUILDER: Design your own tracks or simply generate random ones. Save and share your best tracks to make the competition last forever.
In Space We Brawl
In Space We Brawl is a frantic couch twin-stick shooter in which you challenge friends in fast-paced space battles for up to 4 players.
Choose a spaceship and a weapon: there are more than 100 available combinations! Will you humiliate your friends with a fast ship? Or will you choose shields and armor instead? Prove your skill with laser cannons and plasma swords, flame launchers, guided missiles…
Don’t be afraid to experiment! With its single player missions, the Academy will turn you into a true ace.
8 different areas of the galaxy await, each with its own dangers: black holes, exploding asteroids, even alien nests!
The local multiplayer of In Space We Brawl is both exciting and unforgiving. Play in a free for all or in teams, you can even put a bounty on your rivals’ heads! Are you ready to brawl?
Toy Home™ is an exciting toy car racing game where your house becomes the racetrack. Weave between other toys strewn across a bedroom floor, hurtle across kitchen tables, dodge toy soldiers and zoom along model railway tracks in moonlit playrooms. The aim of the game is to collect coins, discover hidden medals and hit every checkpoint before the time runs out – and there are bonus points available for every jump, smash and flip you make. Toy Home is manic, miniature racing fun!
- Miniature Racing Action – 4 racing modes including split-screen offline multiplayer and online battle modes and 8 unique courses!
- SIXAXIS™ Wireless controller – Tilt the controller left or right to steer, perform back flips in the air or master cornering.
- Global Online Ranking – Play for your personal best in Ranking Mode and challenge the high scores on the online leaderboard.
99Vidas is a “beat ’em up” set in a contemporary world that pays tribute to both the new and the classic in gaming industry. Brought to you in all pixelated, 16 bit-esque glory, chockfull of references to not only gaming, but all 80’s and 90’s pop culture.
(*Cross-Buy with PS3 and PS4)
Prepare yourself for one of the most challenging games of all time! Remastered for PlayStation®, Q*bert™: Rebooted features the classic arcade version of Q*bert and an all new action packed version of the arcade mega-hit. Dodge enemies, evade death, and navigate your way through villainous isometric levels in this iconic, critically acclaimed game.
Q*bert: Rebooted introduces new enemies, playable characters, power-ups, traps, gem collecting, and is chock full of new challenges that it will leave you feeling victorious or demanding a do over.
You have until the end of April to get these games if you want to add them to your collection and play them over and over again, or if you don’t want them you can always wait to see what the month of May has in store. To download whatever current free games Sony is offering up, you can hit up the PlayStation Plus store.
Last Updated on