The latest patch for Tom Clancy’s The Division — Update 1.8.1 — brings new events, missions, commendations, and game changes. For Xbox One X owners, it also introduces the Xbox One X Enhancement patch, bringing 4K and more to the game.
In addition to 4K rendering of the game, the update also brings higher anisotropy, improved reflections, improved object detail, and improved screen-space shadows to the game on the Xbox One X. Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like HDR is part of the Xbox One X Enhanced update.
As for the new Global Events, there are two: Blackout and Onslaught. There are also 40+ new Commendations players can unlock in these Global Events. As outlined by Ubisoft, details of the events include:
Global Event 5 – Blackout
- Always active: Agents are equipped with Shock Ammo that stuns enemies. Shooting or running builds your Charge meter – the more Charge, the more damage you inflict.
- Extreme Blackout
- Blackout behavior, plus you can instantly kill enemies with Overcharged melee attacks, but if you miss you will stun yourself and your allies.
- Total Blackout
- Extreme Blackout behavior, plus your Charge meter will cool down faster when close to other group members.
Global Event 6 – Onslaught
- Always active; Deal Burn, Bleed, and Gas effects to enemies in addition to normal damage. Reload to change the effect.
- Savage Onslaught
- Onslaught behavior, enemies are vulnerable to one effect type and resistant to others. Agents take increased damage from resistant enemies.
- Brutal Onslaught
- Savage Onslaught behavior, plus when two or more group members kill a vulnerable enemy within two seconds, each member can reload to gain a damage bonus for a single clip.
There are also various game changes, vendor changes, and bug fixes which can be seen by expanding the bar below.