This year marks the 25th anniversary year since Jurassic Park made its entrance into the world. Those past 25 years have been great for the franchise. Jurassic World came out in 2015 to continue the series and with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom due out on June 22, 2018, the new movies are breathing new life into a classic trilogy that will never get old.
Universal Pictures is coming out with a limited edition 4K Blu-ray set with all four previous movies in the franchise: Jurassic Park, The Lost World, Jurassic Park 3, and Jurassic World. Some might be wondering how exactly can you make the originals in 4K without making them seem upscaled to give off true 4K clarity. The way Universal has made this happen was by scanning from the original camera negatives.
- 4K Restoration conducted by Universal Pictures with restoration services provided by NBCUniversal StudioPost
- ARRI scan at 4K resolution from the original camera negative
- 4K workflow with High Dynamic Range color correction
In essence, this will be the closest color the original movies have been since being in theatres back in the day. However, each movie in the franchise will differ due to each transfer to 4K nor will they be in the same format. However, there will be plenty of bonus features in the collection set. All can be found below.
BONUS FEATURES INCLUDE:
- Return to Jurassic Park: 6-Part Documentary – This six-part documentary features interviews with the many of the cast members from all three films, the filmmakers and Steven Spielberg.
- Welcome to Jurassic World – An in-depth take on the creation, look and feel of Jurassic World. Director Colin Trevorrow and Steven Spielberg discuss how the idea of the film came together and how the casting was decided with actors’ commentary on their roles and filming locations.
- Dinosaurs Roam Once Again – Behind the scenes look at the making of Jurassic World’s visual effects, how the dinosaurs came to life, and actors filmed scenes.
- Jurassic World: All-Access Pass – Chris Pratt and Director Colin Trevorrow discuss key moments in the film, supported by behind-the-scenes footage and VFX breakdowns.
- Deleted Scenes
- And Over Forty Additional Bonus Featurettes from All Four Films.
I am for sure getting this set when it comes out on May 22nd. Amazon is currently selling the 4K version for $49.96USD (MSRP is $79.98). This 8 disc set will be perfect for anyone who has loved the franchise over the years.
Last Updated on April 30, 2018.