Making your first Amazon site will take time to get started, but it’s very rewarding for the long term. Fortunately, this guide was designed to help the regular Amazon user create their first seller account.
Are you ready?
Make Your Amazon Seller Account
First things first: to get your business started, you have to make an Amazon seller account. Start by going to Amazon’s website, scroll down until you see the “Make Money With Us” button on the footer of the page. Then, click on the link that says “Sell on Amazon.”
Amazon will direct you to its seller sign up page where you can have an “Individual” or “Professional” account. When you create an Individual account, you can use their services free of charge without a monthly fee.
But, if you have a good business model and want to use an Amazon marketing firm for the long run, then you should select the “Professional” account. You’ll receive the first month free; after that and you’ll have to pay $39.99USD a month and extra seller fees.
Besides that, the signup process is pretty simple. Follow the instructions and complete the setup process.
Tips to Grow Your Amazon Business
- Follow Your Passion: It’s better to sell products that you’re genuinely interested in. This makes it easier for you to become an expert in that niche and sell them easier. Look for a product category that excites and interests you.
- Create your Brand Website: As you start to expand your product offerings, you should make a professional, well-designed, site for your business. This will give you another way to market your products and helps make your business more attractive to future buyers.
- Increase Your Best Seller Rank: Your Best Seller Rank is the most important metric for your sales and customers. This is also a key factor when you decide to sell your business. Buyers will want to see improvement in your BSR overtime so you have to increase the quality of your products and sales so you can sell your business in the future.
- Increase Product Offerings: You’re going to have to do product research for each product offering you plan on creating. Having unique products help your business expand and not have to rely on one product for growth.
- Apply to Be an Amazon Associate: By becoming an Amazon Associate, you can refer customers to your products and start gaining commissions.
In fact, you should look for Amazon seller consulting services. They will help your products receive more exposure and traffic from your audience. By hiring them, you can receive advice on how to run your Amazon business page and obtain more sales in the long run.
In the end, you’re going to need help in getting your Amazon business running. So, it’s best that you find a team of amazon consultants that are dedicated to selling your products and building your brand. By doing this, you increase the chances of successfully completing your marketing campaign and have regular customers as a result!
*Opinions expressed in this article are those of its author and do not necessarily reflect those of Techaeris or its staff.
Last Updated on August 11, 2019.