Growing up, I remember the days of going to the arcade and fiddling that arcade stick around while mashing buttons on the arcade cabinets while playing fighting games. Fast forward to the present and, for the most part, most gameplay is relegated to the same controller design. There are a few companies that stray from the norm and Razer is releasing Dragon Ball FighterZ versions of their arcade sticks for the Xbox One and PS4 in collaboration with Bandai Namco Entertainment and Shueisha, Inc./Toei Animation.
Based on the Razer Atrox Arcade Stick for the Xbox One and the Razer Panthera Arcade Stick for the PlayStation 4, the new arcade sticks from the company feature Dragon Ball FighterZ-inspired cases and artwork. The Atrox and Panthera controllers feature 10 buttons and an 8-way joystick, are customizable, and are built with premium Sanwa hardware components.
Features of the new arcade sticks include:
- 10 tournament-grade Sanwa™ Denshi buttons
- Authentic Sanwa joystick with ball top
- Easy one-touch access to internals and storage
- Fully accessible internals and storage compartments for easy modding
- Honeycomb structure on the inside for easy screw mounting
- Storage room for alternative bat top joystick (not included) and more
- 9.8 ft. / 3 m detachable screw-lock USB cable for secure connection
- Screwdriver included for modding
Available later this spring, the Razer Panthera and Razer Atrox Dragon Ball FighterZ arcade sticks will retail for $219.99/€239.99.Source: Razer (Panthera for PS4) Source: Razer (Atrox for Xbox One)