First announced last week at E3 2018, the Xbox FastStart game loading feature has started rolling out to Xbox Insiders in the Beta and higher rings, as well as select members of the Delta Ring.
The new FastStart system should eventually replace the current “Ready to Start” system of game loading. With the current system, you can play games before they are fully downloaded but the developer has to manually configure the game during development. With FastStart, on the other hand, machine learning analyzes how gamers actually play each game and then configures the game at the Xbox platform level to allow gamers to start playing up to twice as fast as they currently can.
FastStart identifies which files are needed to begin playing and prioritizes the download of those files first, enabling you to quickly jump into full-fidelity gameplay while the remainder of your title downloads in the background. Simply find the FastStart-enabled title you want to play in our catalog, hit ‘Download’ and your console will take care of the rest. It’s that simple.
With more gamers embracing digital game delivery and the size of these games getting larger (some are upwards of 100GB), the sooner gamers can get into the game, the better.
Before you get too excited, however, the feature is currently only available for a few games. Xbox is looking for Xbox Insiders to test the install performance of the games below, and then provide feedback starting today:
- The Flame in the Flood
- Fuzion Frenzy
- Casey Powell Lacrosse 16
- Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
- The Golf Club
In addition to rolling out FastStart to select Xbox Insiders for testing, Xbox also released a number of fixes with the latest build.
My Games and Apps
- Fixed an issue for Games that are being updated that use the Fast Start feature. Users will no longer have the game uninstalled if they cancel a game update.
- Fixed an issue with the installation and launching of the CW app. The app now launches correctly.
- Various localization fixes across the console.
- Performance improvements to the stability and reliability of Party Chat.
- Misc. performance fixes in the platform.
Source: Xbox Wire
- The issue with some users are encountering an issue where their YouTube account is being signed out whenever they launch the app is resolved.