YouTube has announced at a press event in Toronto, Canada that YouTube Music & YouTube Premium (formerly YouTube Red) has officially launched in Canada. In addition, the new YouTube services are also launching in the U.K., Austria, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Norway, Russia, Spain, and Sweden.
In addition, YouTube is rolling out a new app and web player “made for music.” The service includes full albums, music videos, playlists, and easy ways to search for songs, even if you don’t know the title of it. While YouTube is made for watching, YouTube Music is made for listening. That being said, YouTube Music leverages YouTube and includes remixes, covers, live performances, and videos tailored to your music tastes.
- It’s ALL here. Not just music videos, but official albums, singles, remixes, live performances, covers and hard-to-find music you can only get on YouTube.
- Recommendations built for you. A home screen that dynamically adapts to provide recommendations based on the artists and songs you’ve played before, where you are and what you’re doing. Chilling at the beach? Need some motivation? The right music is right here, built just for you.
- Thousands of playlists across any genre, mood or activity. Try “A Dose of Sun” for brighter tunes on a cloudy day, “The Pop Hotlist” for the biggest hits around the world or Distrito Latino for Latin pop hits of the moment.
- Smart search so we’ll find the song, even if you can’t remember what it’s called. “That space-themed Spice Girls song in the desert.” Here you go. You can also search by lyrics (even if they’re wrong). It’s “Hold me closer, Tony Danza,” right?
- The hottest videos. We’ll keep you on top of what’s hot! The hottest videos in the world right now are right there, on their own dedicated Hotlist screen. So you can go check out that brand-new Degrassi-themed Drake video.
- Ad-free listening, downloads and more. Get YouTube Music Premium to listen ad-free, in the background and on-the-go with downloads. Plus, your Offline Mixtape automatically downloads songs you love just in case you forgot to. For a limited time, get three months free of YouTube Music Premium here, ($9.99 per month after, $14.99 per month for a Family Plan).
YouTube Premium is also available and includes YouTube Music Premium, as well as ad-free, background play, and downloads across YouTube and access to YouTube Originals shows like Cobra Kay and The Sidemen Show. YouTube Premium is available with a three month free trial, after which the price will be $11.99/mth or $17.99/mth for the Family Plan in Canada.
For those using Google Play Music, you’ll get access to YouTube Music Premium as well, and — for the time being — nothing will be changing with how Google Play Music works.
Current Google Play Music subscribers in Canada will automatically receive access to YouTube Music Premium at their current price as it becomes available there. Nothing is changing with Google Play Music – you’ll still be able to access all of your purchased music, uploads and playlists in Google Play Music just like always.
Last Updated on