Samsung announced today that the launch of their QLED TV Experience tour coming to select U.S. cities this summer. After kicking off at the E3 Expo in Los Angeles this June, gaming enthusiasts will now have the opportunity to experience and compete Forza Motorsport 7 on Xbox One X via Samsung’s 2018 QLED TVs. In case you don’t remember, Samsung is the official 4K TV of Xbox, a partnership they picked up last year.
After launching at E3 last week, the tour continues into the summer with Samsung challenging gamers in LA, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Dallas and Houston who visit the QLED semi-truck to participate in the QLED Cup activation. Participants have the opportunity to compete in Samsung’s Forza Motorsport 7 competition, for a chance to win premium prizes from Samsung and Xbox. Equipped with custom-built gaming pods and QLED TVs, Samsung’s QLED semi-truck will serve as competition grounds, with participants racing for the fastest winning time.
Samsung is pushing hard this year to improve their TV lineup, especially for gaming. Samsung’s 2018 QLED TVs feature AMD’s Radeon FreeSync technology. This makes Samsung the first TV manufacturer to support Radeon FreeSync adaptive refresh technology, for “stutter-free” gaming. This combined with QLED features like Game Mode, enables Samsung to deliver “stunning gaming images” through industry-leading displays.
QLED TV Cup Experience Tour Schedule
Samsung’s QLED TV Cup activation experience will be available at select events, stadiums and retail locations, including the below (more dates to be added):
- Fry’s Electronics, Renton, WA: June 22-24
- Fry’s Electronics, San Jose, CA: July 6
- Fry’s Electronics, Sunnyvale, CA: July 7
- Fry’s Electronics, Fremont, CA: July 8
- Fry’s Electronics, Manhattan Beach, CA: July 12
- Fry’s Electronics, Fountain Valley, CA: July 13
- Fry’s Electronics, San Diego, CA: July 14-15
- Comic Con, San Diego, CA: July 19-22
- Fry’s Electronics, Las Vegas, NV: July 26
- Conn’s HomePlus, Phoenix, AZ: July 29
- Conn’s HomePlus, Mesquite, TX: August 3
- NFM, The Colony, TX: August 5
To learn more about the QLED TV Cup experience tour, including additional stops, please visit Samsung’s website.
Last Updated on January 12, 2019.