Let’s face it, while 3D printing is cool, the price for quality 3D printed objects is still out of reach for most consumers. XYZprinting is looking to change that with their compact, consumer-priced, full-color, desktop 3D printer.
The da Vinci Color mini desktop 3D printer has just launched on Indiegogo and uses 3DColorJet technology. This tech uses a combination of inkjet printing with the FFF (fused filament fabrication) 3D printing process.
“Desktop full-color 3D printing is here. Now, consumers can purchase an easy-to-operate, affordable, compact full-color 3D printer for $30,000 less than market rate. This is revolutionary because we are giving the public access to technology that was once only available to industry professionals,” explained Simon Shen, CEO of XYZprinting. “We are proud to be the industry leader in desktop, full-color 3D printing.”
Targetting designers, STEAM students, and entrepreneurs, XYZprinting says that the da Vinci Color mini “provides a full-color 3D printing solution” to bulky, traditional 3D printers.
Features of the da Vinci Color mini desktop 3D printer include:
- Complete full-color printing capabilities (3-in-1CMY ink cartridges) for millions of color
- Hands-free automatic print bed calibration for easy operation
- EZ Removable print bed design for convenient printed object removal
- Prints full-color in Color PLA, and prints mono-color in PLA, Tough PLA, PETG
- 5.1” x 5.1” x 5.1” inches built volume
- Upgradable laser engraving function for wood, leather, and more materials
- 5″ inch color touch panel to provide intuitive and user-friendly experience
Currently available on Indiegogo, the da Vinci Color mini is looking to raise $50,000USD in a fixed goal campaign. The 3D printer will