With September pretty much here, Sony has announced their free PlayStation Plus September games for its members. There are six games to choose from depending on which console you own, whether it’s the PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, or PS Vita.
The games that are free on the PlayStation 4 for PS Plus members are getting Destiny 2 and God of War III Remastered. Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition and Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut are free for the PlayStation 3, while Sparkle 2 and Foul Play are free for the PS Vita. The PlayStation 4 games are the real highlight here as usual, so if you’re not familiar with Destiny 2 and God of War III games, you can read the synopsis below.
Destiny 2 is an action shooter that takes you on an epic journey across the solar system. In the cinematic campaign, you’ll enter a world filled with compelling characters and fight to take back our home. Battle alongside friends with multiple cooperative modes or challenge others in intense multiplayer matches.
- Rich cinematic story campaign.
- Multiple cooperative game modes for epic, social fun.
- Intense 4v4 competitive multiplayer matches, including 5 different PVP modes.
- Expansive, never-before-seen worlds and spaces to explore.
- Customize your character’s weapons and armor with an all-new array of gear.
- Discover Lost Sectors, complete new Adventure missions, or rally to Public Events with other Guardians.
- Introducing a brand new Guided Games system that helps players find like-minded groups to experience Destiny 2’s most challenging activities, like the Raid.
God of War III Remastered
Set in the realm of brutal Greek mythology, God of War III Remastered is the critically acclaimed single-player game that allows players to take on the fearless role of ex-Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he rises from the darkest depths of Hades to scale the very heights of Mt Olympus and seek his bloody revenge on those who have betrayed him. Armed with double-chained blades and an array of new weapons and magic, Kratos must take on mythology’s deadliest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest to destroy Olympus.
Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition
Another World™ chronicles the story of Lester Knight Chaykin a young scientist hurtled through space and time by a nuclear experiment that goes wrong.
20TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION ESPECIALLY DESIGNED FOR PlayStation3® system.
- A remastered presentation: a joint effort between visionary game-designer Eric Chahi and developer Martial Hesse Dreville, Another World is back in its 20th Anniversary Edition with Full High Definition graphics faithful to the original design.
- 3 difficulty modes: EASY, NORMAL and HARD
- Choose between Remastered Sounds/FX, Original Sound and Original CD in-game soundtrack.
- Switch between Original / Full HD graphics.
- Cross-Save between the PS4™, PS Vita system and PS3™ systems.
Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut
Q.U.B.E: Director’s Cut is a brain-twisting first-person puzzler. Using special high-tech gloves, you manipulate the environment around you – build bridges, shift walls, open new paths – in order to journey deep into a mysterious giant cube hurtling through space towards Earth and destroy it from within before it eradicates all life on our planet!
This Director’s Cut version contains an all new story and dialogue by the award-winning writer Rob Yescombe, and “Against the Qlock” time trials levels that will test your puzzle-solving skills as well as your speed and adaptability.
- Story by the award-winning Rob Yescombe
- Challenging and unusual puzzles
- New time-trial mode with 10 levels
- Brand new original music score
A long time ago five enchanted keys were created. The keys were scattered around mysterious lands and still remain undiscovered. Many have come to find them, and so far all have failed. Will you find the keys and unlock the secrets, or will you join the endless ranks of souls forever trapped within these lands?
- Superbly polished action puzzle gaming
- State of the art special effects
- Three game modes: Story, Survival, and Challenge
- More than 90 levels throughout the story
- Supercharge your Orb Slinger with 16 powerful Enchantments
- Immersive mystery storyline with voiceovers
- Cinematic soundtrack by the award-winning composer Jonathan Geer
Play as the daemon-hunter Baron Dashforth in a side-scrolling co-op brawler set entirely on the grand spectacle of a theatre stage that rewards performance over pummeling
You have until the end of September to get these games if you want to add them to your collection and play them over and over again, or if you don’t want them you can always wait to see what the month of October has in store. To download whatever current free games Sony is offering up, you can hit up the PlayStation Plus store.
Last Updated on August 29, 2018.