When gaming laptops were first introduced years ago, they were huge bricks — my Dell XPS 15 can attest to that. While some gaming laptops are still rather large, the race is on to create larger but lighter and thinner gaming laptops. The new Alienware m15 is the lightest and thinnest 15″ gaming laptop from the company. Based on the company’s “Epic” industrial design, the Alienware m15 is built for both power and portability.
“Adding to a growing and award-winning portfolio of gaming systems, the Alienware m15 is the lightest and thinnest 15” gaming laptop ever from Alienware and the best solution for gamers who prioritize weight and thinness allowing for even more portability,” writes Frank Azor, VP General Manager of Alienware, Gaming & XPS at Dell. “Attuned to the evolving on-the-go lifestyle of our gaming community, Alienware has in its DNA a 22-year history of designing premium, high-performance desktops, laptops and other PC gaming devices. Both Alienware and Dell share a commitment to innovation driven by visionary pride, consumer need and community.”
Key features of the Alienware m15 gaming laptop include:
- Optimized for performance, quality, and maximum mobility, it all packs into a form factor of approximately 14.3” by 10.8” and less than .83” from front to back cover, weighing a mere 4.78 pounds.
- The keyboard features 1.4mm of key travel, anti-ghosting keys and four Alien-FX enabled zones to light up the room during any gameplay, while also supporting in-game lighting reactions for over 150 game titles.
- Cranks up the performance with 8th generation Intel processors and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 OC and 1070 Max-Q graphics cards capable of VR and beyond, with additional support for the Alienware Graphics Amplifier.
- Comes with all the bells and whistles including our Alienware Command Center technology with AlienFX customizable RGB-lighting across six unique zones, Alienware Cryo-Tech 2.0 for superior thermal management, and while on idle up to a maximum of 17 hours of battery life with the optional 90Whr battery.
Available configuration options include:
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i5-8300H (4-Core, 8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- 8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8750H (6-Core, 9MB Cache, up to 4.1GHz w/ Turbo Boost)
- 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) 60Hz Anti-Glare IPS, 300-nits 72% color gamut, Display
- 15.6″ FHD (1920 x 1080) 144Hz Anti-Glare TN, Display with 5ms response time
- 15.6″ UHD (3840 x 2160) 60Hz Anti-Glare IPS, 400-nits, sRGB 100% color gamut
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 with 6GB GDDR5
- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1070 with 8GB GDDR5
- 8GB (1x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
- 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2666MHz
- 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 2666MHz
- Storage options
- 1TB (+8GB SSD) Hybrid Drive
- 256GB SATA M.2 SSD
- 128GB or 180GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 1TB (+8GB SSD) Hybrid Drive
- 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 1TB (+8GB SSD) Hybrid Drive
- 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 1TB (+8GB SSD) Hybrid Drive
- 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD + 1TB (+8GB SSD) Hybrid Drive
- 120GB Intel Optane SSD + 1TB (+8GB SSD) Hybrid Drive
- 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD
- 512GB PCIe M.2 SSD + 256GB PCIe M.2 SSD
- Killer Networks E2500 Gigabit Ethernet NIC
- Dell 802.11ac 2×2 WiFi and Bluetooth 4.0 (Standard)
- Killer Wireless 1550 2×2 AC and Bluetooth 5.0 (Optional)
- Power/DC-in Jack
- RJ-45 Killer Networks e2500 Gigabit Ethernet Port
- 2x Type-A SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Port
- Type-A SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Port with PowerShare technology
- Thunderbolt™ 3 Port (USB Type-C™ with support for SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps, 40Gbps Thunderbolt, and DisplayPort)
- Alienware Graphics Amplifier Port
- HDMI 2.0 Output
- Mini-Display Port 1.3 (certified) Output
- Audio Out 1/8″ Ports (Compatible with inline mic headset)
- Noble Lock port (cable and lock sold separately)
- Lithium (60 Wh) battery (standard)
- Lithium (90 Wh) battery
- Dimensions: 14.286 x 10.8 x 0.8264″
- Weight: 4.76 lbs
The Alienware m15 goes on sale on October 25 starting at $1299USD in Red or Space Grey.
Last Updated on