Last night, Razer held a
“The first Razer Phone disrupted the smartphone industry and created a new category,” said Min-Liang Tan, co-founder and CEO of Razer Inc. “With the Razer Phone 2, we have pulled out the stops to define flagship and gaming on our terms.”
Razer Phone 2
With an updated Qualcomm 845 Snapdragon CPU and Qualcomm Adreno 630 GPU, the Razer Phone 2 is up to 30% faster than the inaugural smartphone from the gaming hardware company. Again, the device features Razer’s vapor chamber cooling system to prevent overheating during intense mobile gaming sessions.
The camera on the Razer Phone 2 has been improved and now sports a rear dual-camera setup sporting Sony IMX sensors with a 12MP wide-angle OIS lens and a 12 MP telephoto lens with zoom. The front camera is an 8MP Full HD shooter with live-streamers in mind.
A couple new features in the gaming smartphone also include Razer Chroma support for the triple-headed snake logo on the back of the device, as well as wireless charging. Going hand-in-hand with those is a new wireless charger with Chroma support as well.
Specifications of the new Razer Phone 2 include:
- Processor & Cooling: Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 845 (2.80 GHz) with Adreno 630 GPU, Vapor Chamber Cooling
- System Memory: 8 GB (LPDDR4X)
- Storage – Internal: 64 GB UFS
- Storage – External: SIM + micro SD slot (up to 1TB)
- Display: 5.72-inch IGZO LCD 1440 x 2560 120 Hz, Wide Color Gamut, UltraMotion™ Technology, Corning Gorilla Glass 5, Multi-touch,
- Rear Cameras
- 12 MP AF f1.75 Wide with OIS
- 12 MP AF f2.6 Telephoto, Dual PDAF (Phase detection Autofocus), Dual tone, dual LED flash
- Video: Up to 4K video recording with stereo audio
- Front Camera: 8 MP FF f2.0, 1080p Video
- Sound: Stereo front-facing speakers, Dual Amplifiers / Dolby Atmos Technology, USB-C to 3.5 mm Audio Adapter with 24-bit DAC
- Power: 4,000 mAh Li-Po battery, Qualcomm QuickCharge 4.0+
Wireless Fast Charging
- Wireless: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band (MIMO), Antennae 2×2, Bluetooth 5.0
- Logo: RGB Illuminated Razer Chroma Logo
- GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
- FDD-LTE: 1/2/3/4/5/7/8/12/13/14/17/18/19/20/26/28/29/30/32/66/71
- TDD LTE: 38/39/40/41/48
- TD-SCDMA: 34/39
- LAA: 46
- 4×4 MIMO: 1/2/3/4/7/30/38/48/66
- Speeds: Up to 1.2 Gbit/s (Cat18)
- Water Resistance: IP67
- Size: 158.5 mm x 78.99 mm x 8.5 mm
- Android Version: Android 8.1
Pre-orders are now open for the Razer Phone 2 which has an MSRP starting at $799 USD. It is currently available in Mirror Black with a Satin Black variant coming later this year.
Razer Raiju Mobile
To further build on mobile gaming, Razer also unveiled the Raiju Mobile controller — a mobile gamepad with a phone mount and Bluetooth connectivity.
Featuring four remappable multi-function buttons, Razer™ Mecha-Tactile action buttons, a hair trigger mode, and an adjustable phone mount, gamers get enhanced precision and perfect viewing angles for their favorite mobile games. A mobile configurator app allows advanced customization for a personalized setup. The Razer Raiju Mobile supports flagship Android phones and the biggest titles in mobile gaming, which include Vainglory, Lineage 2, Dead Trigger 2, Gear-Club, and many more.
- 4 multi-function buttons
- Mecha-Tactile action buttons
- Trigger stops for quick-firing action
- Adjustable phone mount – up to 60 degree tilt
- Mobile app for Android
- Up to 23 hours of battery life on a single charge
- Approximate size: 125 mm / 4.92 in. (Length) x 159.4 mm / 6.27 in. (Width) x 66 mm / 2.60 in. (Height)
- Approximate weight (without cable): 306 g / 0.67 lbs
The Razer Maiju Mobile has an MSRP of $149.99USD/€149.99 and will be available later this year.
Razer Hammerhead USB-C ANC
Razer’s Hammerhead USB-C in-ear headphones now feature Active Noise Cancellation. With Dual Driver technology and a built-in digital
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz – 20 KHz
- Impedance: 32Ω ± 15%
- Sensitivity: 110 ± 3dB (Max SPL)
- Input Power: 10 mW / 20 mW
- Drivers: Dynamic + Balanced Armature
- Connector: USB-C Connector
- Cable Length: 1.2 m
- Approximate Weight: 21 g
- Frequency Response: 100 Hz -10 KHz
- Pick Up Pattern: Omni-directional
- Signal to Noise Ratio: ≥58dB
- Sensitivity: -40 ± 3dB
- In-line Remote
- Volume Controls: Volume Up / Down
- Center Control: Play/Pause Accept/End Call
- Center Switch: ANC On/Off
- Compatibility: Handphones with USB-C Connectors
The Razer Hammerhead USB-C ANC headphones will be available on Razer.com on October 22nd with a retail price of $99.99USD/€99.99.
Last Updated on