Ho ho ho you’re new to Alexa, thanks to someone who thought you might benefit from such a device. So you’re too embarrassed to ask for the receipt to return that Amazon Echo and you’re not really sure what to ask the damn thing. Well, if you’re new to Alexa and Echo devices we have a list of questions below that will get you off the ground. First, if you’re new to Alexa and Amazon, you should sign up for an Amazon account to get the most out of it.
If you have an Amazon account, a Prime account is best, then follow the directions for setup of your device and pair it with your account. Once you’re all set up, you’re ready to start asking Alexa some questions. This is where our list of questions will help if you’re new to Alexa.
- Alexa, remind me to pick up the dry cleaning when I leave work tonight. (Now you can create location-based reminders to get a notification when you arrive at or leave a location)
- Alexa, when is Martin Luther King Jr. Day?
- Alexa, open Women’s Health Yoga.
- Alexa, tell me a story.
- Alexa, read a sample of Lord of the Rings from Audible.
- Alexa, did the Bears make the playoffs?
- Alexa, announce that I’m running late. (Make an announcement to all your household devices while you’re out, from your Alexa app)
- Alexa, what’s your favorite hat?
- Alexa, who is Captain Marvel?
- Alexa, hypnotize me.
- Alexa, play the playlist 2019 Artists to Watch on Amazon Music. (This playlist features a diverse set of up-and-coming artists across numerous genres, who are poised to have a breakout year in 2019. Some songs in this playlist contain explicit lyrics. Prefer not to hear explicit lyrics? Just say, “Alexa, block explicit lyrics)
- Alexa, how many minutes are in a day?
- Alexa, what is FreeTime? (With FreeTime, you can create a kid-focused Alexa experience with parental controls, age-appropriate responses, stories, jokes, and more. Enable FreeTime in the device settings of the Alexa app)
- Alexa, sing a song.
- Alexa, start 7-Minute Workout.
- Alexa, do you like cats or dogs?
- Alexa, when is my dentist appointment?
- Alexa, remind me to change my toothbrush in three months.
- Alexa, what’s on my to-do list?
- Alexa, what are the most popular winter gloves?
- Alexa, did Roger Federer win in the Australian Open?
- Alexa, open Trivia Battle.
- Alexa, play ’90s Pop Workout on Amazon Music. (Now with multi-room music, Echo devices can be part of multiple groups and you can play music through your Echo Dot Bluetooth connections. Go to the Alexa app to get started)
- Alexa, when are the Grammys?
- Alexa, can you auto-tune?
- Alexa, open the Body Coach.
- Alexa, how many ounces are in a cup?
- Alexa, give me a fun fact about sleep.
- Alexa, what time is sunset?
- Alexa, find me a recipe for banana bread.
- Alexa, how do I say ‘how are you’ in Spanish?
- Alexa, add sunblock, sunglasses, and my Kindle to my packing list.
If you’re new to the ecosystem you may be intimidated but you can’t ask a wrong question. If Alexa can’t answer she will let you know. Alexa can be a powerful tool and once you start using it, it will
Are you new to Echo and Alexa? Do you have some Alexa tips to share? Let us know in the comments below or on Google+, Twitter, or Facebook. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network.
Last Updated on