Samsung SmartThings Wifi is now offering parents more control over their internet with new parental controls from Plume. Samsung SmartThings Wifi users will now have access to new features that should help manage their digital activity on their network. The new features will work through the Plume app and allow users to create profiles, filter content, block ads, and enable enhanced security.
The Plume software is also supposed to provide users with Wi-Fi roaming performance enhancements and Wired Backhaul support. This will enable faster speeds and bring a more seamless streaming handover with a stable network connection. Plume and Samsung will be working together to deliver regular updates making sure Samsung SmartThings Wifi users get the most from their network setup.
With AI-based mesh Wi-Fi technology from Plume, a built-in SmartThings Hub and these latest security controls, parents can create the most customized internet experience while preventing streaming latency and dreaded Wi-Fi buffering. SmartThings Wifi users can access these new controls and features by updating the SmartThings and Plume app to version 2.2.1 in the Google Play Store or iOS App Store.Samsung
Here are some of the features the new Plume parental controls will feature:
- Unique Profiles at Home: Users can create profiles for each household member and their devices to enable unique controls and features by
person. Set individual permissions to ensure kids are completing their homework before going online to play, and control customized schedules that set up times when the internetcan or cannot be accessed. Users can also see just how long devices have been connected or the last time they were online at home.
- Content Filters: Restrict content that’s inappropriate for kids, teenagers,
andadults. Users can block or allow specific websites and can see every site that’s been blocked via the Plume app.
- Time Out: Instantly set 15- or 30-minute time-out periods for a person or device with the new “Time Out” feature. Additionally, schedule offline hours for devices during key family times like dinner or bedtime with the “Freeze Internet” feature.
- Secure and Protect: Helps block phishing, spam, malware, botnets,
andother harmful attacks to ensure devices remain performing at their peak. These settings can be turned on across the household, certain devices, or for individual users.
- Ad Blocking (beta): Currently in Beta, users can instantly turn off ads for any devices or profiles users choose, helping to improve page load speeds and offer a more clutter-free internet viewing experience.
What do you think of these new Plume features coming to Samsung SmartThings Wifi? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter, or Facebook. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network.