There’s nothing like sitting back and enjoying your favorite tunes on your US$3000 headphones. Wait, what? That’s right. Focal, a F
The Stellia closed-back headphones are certainly stunning to look at and I’m sure they’re equally amazing to listen through. Focal says that Stellia integrates a new generation of exclusive speaker drivers, capable of working at low sound levels while offering an extremely extensive frequency response (5Hz- 40kHz). Combined with frameless 100% copper voice coil and an ‘M’-shaped pure Beryllium dome. Focal says these headphones will deliver precise sound in both bass and treble.
The company has adopted the headband and yoke mechanical features that are on its even more expensive Utopia headphones. Focal says this results in “flawless” comfort regardless of the size and shape of your melon.
Here is a list of features and specifications you get for $3000:
- Reference closed-back headphones for home and on-the-go
- Exclusive full-range speaker drivers with an ‘M’ shape pure Beryllium dome (patent pending)
- Uncompromising tonal balance, reproduction of the tiniest sound details at both very high and very low frequencies
- Incredible dynamics within a pair of closed-back headphones
- Excellent performance when connected to a portable audiophile player
- Very good ambient noise soundproofing
- Comfortable and ergonomic
- High-quality materials used
- Type: Circum-aural closed-back headphones
- Impedance: 35 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 106dB SPL / 1mW @ 1kHz
- THD: 0.1% @ 1kHz / 100 dB SPL
- Frequency Response: 5Hz–40kHz
- Loudspeaker: 1.6″ (40mm) pure Beryllium “M” shape dome
- Weight: 0.96lb (435g)
The Focal Stellia headphones are available now on the company’s website. That is if you have $3000 to drop on a pair of headphones.
What do you think of the Stellia headphones? How much would you pay for headphones? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter, or
Last Updated on