I think most of us have or are getting over the Google+ shutdown and have moved on with our lives. Many of us have moved on to either Twitter or the MeWe social network. For those who are still using Google+ and haven’t made the call on where they want to go. Perhaps this little bit of news may help in the decision-making process.
You can now find the MeWe Google+ import tool live and ready to use HERE.
The MeWe social network has just announced that they have made a tool that will import your Google+ data to their platform. The tool is simply called the G+ MeWe Importer. The tool is expected to go live on March 12th, possibly even sooner. Here’s what MeWe had to say about the importer tool.
The feedback from G+ users about the G+ MeWe Importer is highly positive, including one G+ user who wrote “Brilliant. I was dreading this process,” and another who wrote, “That should make things easier!”MeWe Spokesperson
Here are some of the details of this G+ MeWe Importer tool:
- Move your public G+ posts to MeWe as open posts on your MeWe timeline (dated and ordered the same as they were on G+).
- Move your public collection and community posts to MeWe and create open posts on your MeWe timeline (dated and ordered the same as they were on G+) with the collection or community name as a #hashtag.
- We’ll make improvements to the G+ MeWe Importer after launch, including the ability to import your data from Circles onto MeWe, which is expected to be live April 1.
- To make your transition to MeWe easier, by the end of March a “posting to close friends” feature will also go live on MeWe. We’re working on more for you as well.
- To make your transition simple, we suggest you do two things right away – download your G+ content and create your MeWe (https://mewe.com) account.
- Instructions to download your Google+ content can be found on Google’s website here. MeWe confirmed on Twitter you’ll need to download in JSON format.
We think this might be a great persuader to move to the MeWe social network for some G+ users. Let us know if you have any questions for the MeWe team and we’ll see if we can get some answers for you! Let us know