Ring doorbells are some of the most used security devices out there today. We’ve reviewed them in the past and I know dozens of people in my neighborhood who use them. Now, Ring wants to bring this same security to those in multi-unit living complexes with the Ring Door View Cam.
The Ring Door View Cam is a wire-free video doorbell that transforms a traditional door viewer into a smart security device. It is easily installed in place of an existing peephole and does not require drilling or permanent modifications to your home or door.
Ring Door View Cam features motion detection, two-way talk, 1080p HD video, a removable, rechargeable battery, knock detection, privacy zones, and night vision, making it great for any home with a door viewer – especially apartments and rentals.
To use, simply install the Door View Cam in place of the existing door viewer on each side of the door, then pop in the rechargeable battery and removable cover. With that, you will have transformed your old door viewer into a smart security camera.
Designed by the same team who initially reinvented the traditional doorbell, Door View Cam enhances the features of a door viewer we all are familiar with to deliver affordable, effective home security.
Taking the learnings from Ring’s original Ring Video Doorbell, Ring built Door View Cam from the ground up while taking into account the fact that people interact with doors and doorbells at apartment buildings and rentals differently than they do at single-family homes.
The result is a one-of-a-kind security device that enables apartment dwellers to easily add desired security features to their homes in a way they were not able to before.Ring
Here is a list of the Door View Cam’s features:
- Easy Installation – Ring Door View Cam easily installs in place of a door viewer, without the need for drilling or permanent modifications.
- HD Video – Customers can view live video and recordings of their front door with the same experience and video quality as Ring’s other video doorbells.
- Knock Detection – If visitors don’t press the doorbell button, Door View Cam features a sensor that lets you know when visitors interact with your door, such as if they knock.
- Battery Powered – Door View Cam uses a removable, rechargeable battery located on the inside of the door, so you don’t have to run wires.
- Traditional Door Viewer Functionality – Door View Cam includes a glass viewer so the functionality of the door viewer is not lost.
- Privacy Zones – Allows you to ignore certain zones in front of the doorbell, as well as turn off audio recording, to ensure you only receive the notifications that matter to you.
- Alexa Compatibility – Ask select Alexa-enabled devices to “show me my front door,” and be alerted when motion is detected by Ring Door View Cam in real time. You can also speak with visitors through your Echo Show, Echo Spot and
The Ring Door View Cam is available now from Amazon for US$199 and other select retailers.
Last Updated on