Back in 2015, Netflix launched its “Netflix Recommended TV” logo program, making it easier for consumers to pick a TV which meets the streaming company’s criteria. Each year, the company adds to the list and they’ve just released the 2019 Netflix recommended TV list.
Before we get into the list, smart TVs that meet Netflix’s criteria provide a faster, easier, and better viewing experience. In order to make the list, the TV must meet at least 5 of the 7 criteria as set out by Netflix:
- TV Instant On: Your TV wakes up instantly and remembers where you were. Apps are ready to use right away.
- Fast App Launch: Whether you’ve just turned on the TV, or switched from a different app, Netflix always opens quickly.
- Netflix Button: Turn the TV on and open Netflix with a single press of a button; it’s that simple.
- Easy Netflix Icon Access: The Netflix app is easy to find and start from the TV menu.
- Always Fresh: The TV updates in the background, so the latest Netflix TV shows and movies are always displayed.
- High-res Netflix Interface: Get the best experience when browsing in Netflix – with sharper text, clearer images, and the latest functionality.
- Latest Netflix Version: The TV comes with the latest version of Netflix with the newest features.
Here are the initial designations of 2019 Netflix Recommended TVs for the U.S. and Canada include:
- Samsung Q60R/Q70R/Q80R/Q90R/Q900R series, RU8000, The Serif, and The Frame devices (note: The Serif not available in Canada)
- Sony BRAVIA X85G(XG85)/X90G(XG90) series and A9G(AG9) series
- Panasonic VIERA GX700/GX800/GX900 series (not available in Canada)
While we’ve yet to review some of the more current models, we have reviewed Samsung smart TVs in the past and been suitably impressed with their offerings.
Last Updated on