Intel has announced its 10th Gen Intel Core Ice Lake U-Series and Y-Series processors aimed at bringing more power to slim and portable computers. The company says these new Intel Ice Lake processors will redefine what is possible in a thin and light computer.
Here are some of the key points Intel is pushing regarding the new processors:
- Intelligent Performance:
- 1st AI instruction set and up to TFLOP Inferencing on a thin-and-light client
- Approximately 2.5x AI performance versus the prior generation and 8x performance versus the competition using DL Boost
- Ultra-low-power local voice applications
- Leading design with Intel Adptix technology with up to an additional +20% GFX performance
- Stunning Entertainment:
- Highest performing integrated graphics on a thin-and-light client
- Play top games at 1080p with up to 2x faster frame rates
- Pro content creation that has approximately 2x faster HEVC encoding with higher quality
- Watch 4K60 HDR video in a billion colors
- Best Connectivity:
- Intel Wi-Fi 6 Gig+ is the best Wi-Fi 6 implementation for PCs
- Nearly 3x faster Wi-Fi than .11ac
- Thunderbolt 3 integrated for the first time and with up to 4 ports
- Thunderbolt 3 is the fastest and most versatile connector and up to 4x faster than USB 3.1
The company says that Ice Lake is just the start as new products will be coming to every PC segment over the next 12-months. Additional mobile PC products for multi-threaded high productivity and commercial segments start at the end of August.
“These 10th Gen Intel Core processors shift the paradigm for what it means to deliver leadership in mobile PC platforms. With broad-scale AI for the first time on PCs, an all-new graphics architecture, best-in-class Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) and Thunderbolt 3 – all integrated onto the SoC, thanks to Intel’s 10nm process technology and architecture design – we’re opening the door to an entirely new range of experiences and innovations for the laptop.”
–Chris Walker, Intel corporate vice president and general manager of Mobility Client Platforms in the Client Computing Group
Intel says the 10th Gen Intel Core processors are designed for workload-optimized platforms and have the new Sunny Cove CPU microarchitecture. The company also has introduced its new Intel Iris Plus graphics based on an all-new graphics engine to help run the new Ice Lake CPUs. The new Intel Ice Lake CPUs are also the first with AI inference instruction set on a thin-and-light platform with Intel Deep Learning Boost. They are the first hardware integration of Intel GNA on Intel processors. They are the first integrated Thunderbolt 3 with up to 4 ports. They are the first with integrated intel Wi-Fi 6 (Gig+) connectivity.
Here’s a rundown of the SKUs to expect:
- Intel Core i7-1068G7 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 64
- Intel Core i7-1065G7 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 64
- Intel Core i5-1035G7 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 64
- Intel Core i5-1035G4 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 48
- Intel Core i5-1035G1 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 32
- Intel Core i5-1005G1 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 32
- Intel Core i7-1060G7 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 64
- Intel Core i5-1030G7 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 64
- Intel Core i5-1030G4 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 48
- Intel Core i5-1000G4 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 48
- Intel Core i5-1000G1 w/Intel Iris Plus Graphics 32
What do you think of Intel’s latest Ice Lake processors for mobile PCs? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter, or Facebook. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network.
Last Updated on February 3, 2021.