If you’re a homeowner then you may have been thinking of installing a water leak detection system. The problem with many of these systems is that they are expensive and then you have to add a pro install bill on top of it. Well, the Phyn Smart Water Assistant is looking to help you out by eliminating the need for the pro and going DIY.
We recently reviewed the Phyn Plus system which scored well in our review. Now, the company is back with the Phyn Smart Water Assistant, which is cheaper and is a complete DIY job that will save you money.
The new Phyn Smart Water Assistant is the first smart water product to provide insights into how much water each and every fixture in a home uses, enabling homeowners to track their water consumption, identify areas of excess water use, and take meaningful action to conserve and save money. With no plumber assistance required, the DIY device is easily installed under a single sink and provides water monitoring for the entire home, alerting homeowners within seconds of a leak being detected.
The average home in the U.S. wastes 10,000 gallons of water annually just from leaks alone. The Phyn Smart Water Assistant exponentially improves the way homeowners can understand the water they use so that for the first time they can view real-time data on their water usage, track daily and monthly consumption, and compare it to similar households. Unlike any device on the market, Phyn is able to provide granular, fixture-by-fixture details of how much water showers, sinks, washing machines, irrigation systems, and more are using to not only inform but also empower homeowners to make better choices about their water.
“At Phyn, we’re passionate about protecting homes from leak damage and providing tools to enable conservation. The Phyn Smart Water Assistant represents an innovative breakthrough that is designed, packaged, and priced to help homeowners understand, appreciate and control their water better, smarter,” said Ryan Kim, CEO of Phyn. “The Smart Water Assistant pairs sophisticated industry-leading sensor and AI technology with a consumer-friendly design that allows for self-installation, making enhanced everyday experiences with water accessible to everyone.”
Water damage is now the second-largest insurance claim for homeowners, costing billions of dollars in property losses each year and an average of $10,000 per incident for consumers. Phyn’s patented pressure-sensing technology measures and analyzes microscopic changes in water pressure — 240 times every second — to learn and categorize each water fixture. The Phyn Smart Water Assistant is equipped with two high definition pressure sensors placed on the hot and cold water lines under a sink. Having two sensors doubles the pressure-sensing capabilities of the device and results in a stereoscopic view of a home’s plumbing system. Phyn can even see the gradual pressure build-up from ice crystals forming in pipes, and warn homeowners to provide valuable time to ensure that their pipes do not freeze and burst.
Here are the key features of the DIY Phyn Smart Water Assistant:
- DIY-Installed: No plumber required, the Phyn Smart Water Assistant is easily installed under any sink and attaches to the hot and cold-water lines.
- Alerts: Real-time mobile notifications alert homeowners to all types of leaks. In the event of a major leak, Phyn can connect homeowners to a local plumber in minutes.
- Monitor water usage and save: Homeowners can track and view water consumption to get ahead of water costs and see how their home compares to others. Over time, Phyn learns a home’s system and shares water usage down to each fixture.
- Freeze warnings: Phyn’s patented pressure sensing sees ice crystals forming in pipes before they have a chance to freeze and burst, allowing for the precious time to take action and avoid damage.
- Diagnostic Plumbing Checks: Turn off water at the main, run Phyn’s Plumbing Check feature and in minutes homeowners can detect a range of hidden flaws like poor seals and pinhole leaks in a home’s water system. Proactively finding and fixing little leaks like these can save up to 10% on water bills while preventing larger issues down the road.
- Smart home integrations: Phyn works seamlessly with Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant. And with IFTTT, users can have Phyn trigger actions with other smart home devices.
The DIY Phyn Smart Water Assistant is US$299 with no additional subscription and is available for pre-purchase today on BestBuy.com, Phyn.com, and Belkin.com. The product will be available in the U.S. starting late September 2019 in Best Buy stores.