In case you’re unaware, October is National Cybersecurity Awareness Month so you’ll likely be hearing a lot about protecting your online presence. EA, which recently suffered a data breach, is offering gamers a free month of their Origin Access service when they enable EA Login Verification, also known as two-factor authentication.
When enabled, EA Login Verification will send you a code via email, SMS text message, phone call, or through an authenticator app. You’ll also be provided backup codes in case you don’t have your phone or access to your email handy when trying to login.
To enable EA’s two-factor authentication, simply follow these simple steps:
- Head to your EA Account Security settings.
- Under Login Verification, click Turn On.
- EA will send you a code via the method you choose right away. Use that code to activate Login Verification, and you’ll be all set.
As for the free month of Origin Access, you’ll need to enable these additional security settings before the end of October. EA will be giving you your free month of their Origin Access Basic service for the month of November. If you’re already a member, you’ll get a free month as well, as per EA:
- Already an Origin Access Basic member? We won’t charge you during the month of November, and you’ll get charged as normal for your next month during the following billing cycle.
- Are you a member of Origin Access Premier? We’ll give you a free month of Premier instead.
- Already have Login Verification enabled? Great! You’ll get a free month of Origin Access, too.
In the meantime, make sure you have Origin Access installed on your PC then enable EA’s additional security measures to further protect your EA account. If any other services you use offer two-factor authentication, be sure to enable those as well. It may be a minor pain in the butt having to verify whenever you log in, but it’s definitely worth it when weighing the possible consequences of having your account hacked.
Last Updated on February 3, 2021.