With social distancing in place and employees across the nation shifting to home networks, professionals must take their digital security and function into their own hands. To help with combating skyrocketing computer issues as everyone adjusts to this new norm, Western Digital has a family of products that can ensure all of your key files are backed up and safe to avoid running into a crisis.
So if you’re working from home and looking for some backup options for your work or even personal files, check out these Western Digital options below:
- My Cloud Home: is an easy-to-use personal cloud storage device that plugs directly into your Wi-Fi router at home so you can save all your digital content in one central place. My Cloud Home backs up your digital life to avoid losing irreplaceable files.
- My Passport SSD: offers consumers and affordable portable storage, small enough to fit in your palm, with blazing-fast transfers. My Passport SSD is the fastest My Passport drive to date with read speeds up to 540MB/s, using the USB Type-C port to rapidly transfer data.
- My Passport: is a new, stylish design that fits in the palm of your hand. With this device there’s space to store, organize, and share your photos, videos, music, and documents – at a cheaper price point.
- G-DRIVE Mobile SSD: Featuring IP67 water-and dust-resistance, 3-meter drop protection, and a 1000 lb crushproof rating, the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD provides ruggedized storage you can trust. Transfer speeds up to 560MB/s let you quickly save, edit and archive large source files, while a versatile USB-C port with a USB 3.1 Gen 2 interface keeps this device ready for laptops both old and new. With the G-DRIVE Mobile SSD, you get exceptionally durable storage to handle your big picture.
- G-DRIVE Mobile Pro SSD: A cool, protective core allows for continuous transfer rates up to 2800MB/s, delivering incredible, uninterrupted speed. Edit natively on the drive or transfer as much as a terabyte of media in seven minutes or less.
- My Passport Go: My Passport Go is the tough SSD drive built to travel. With a rubber protective bumper on the outside, a solid-state drive on the inside, and a built-in cable for convenience; this is no ordinary drive.
- Ultra Dual Drive Luxe USB Type-C: Looking for storage that works across your USB Type-C and Type-A devices? The all-metal, SanDisk Ultra® Dual Drive Luxe lets you easily move files between your USB Type-C smartphone, tablets, and Macs and USB Type-A computers
- Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C: Easily free up space on your smartphone or quickly transfer files between devices at USB 3.1 high speeds of up to 150MB/s. With a reversible USB Type-C connector and a traditional USB connector, the SanDisk Ultra Dual Drive USB Type-C lets you quickly and easily transfer files between smartphones, tablets, and computers
- My Book: Equipped with WD Backup software for Windows and Apple Time Machine compatibility for Mac, the My Book desktop hard drive can back up your photos, videos, music, and documents
What do you think of these Western Digital options for backup? What are you using? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter, or Facebook. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network.
Last Updated on February 3, 2021.