Kingston Digital has announced its KC3000 PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD, which the company says leverages Gen4 technology delivering speeds of up to 7,0000/7,000MB/s read/write.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
By upgrading their system’s storage, users can keep up with demanding workloads and experience better performance with software applications such as 3D rendering and 4K+ content creation. KC3000 was built with high-density 3D TLC NAND housed in the industry-standard M.2 2280 form factor to store even more and enable users to take advantage of PCIe 4.0 speeds. With the combination of performance and endurance, KC3000 is reinforced with a low-profile graphene aluminum heat spreader to effectively disperse heat and keep your drive cool during intensive workloads.
Kingston KC3000 Features and Specifications:
- PCIe 4.0 NVMe Technology: Master intensive applications with speeds up to 7,000/7,000MB/s1 read/write.
- Store more: Upgrade and manage storage with full capacities up to 4096GB2.
- Greater flexibility: Compact M.2 design fits easily into small form factor (SFF) systems, desktops and laptop PCs.
- Low profile graphene aluminum heat spreader: Exceptional thermal dissipation keeps your drive cool with maximum performance.
- Form Factor: M.2 2280
- Interface: PCIe 4.0 NVMe
- Capacities2: 512GB, 1024GB, 2048GB, 4096GB
- Controller: Phison E18
- NAND: 3D TLC
- Sequential Read/Write:
- 512GB – 7,000/3,900MB/s
- 1024GB – 7,000/6,000MB/s
- 2048GB – 7,000/7,000MB/s
- 4096GB – 7,000/7,000MB/s
- Random 4K Read/Write:
- 512GB – up to 450,000/900,000 IOPS
- 1024GB – up to 900,000/1,000,000 IOPS
- 2048GB – up to 1,000,000/1,000,000 IOPS
- 4096GB – up to 1,000,000/1,000,000 IOPS
- Total Bytes Written (TBW):
- 512GB – 400TBW
- 1024GB – 800TBW
- 2048GB – 1.6PBW
- 4096GB – 3.2PBW
- Power Consumption:
- 512GB – 5mW Idle / 0.34W Avg / 2.7W (MAX) Read / 4.1W (MAX) Write
- 1024GB – 5mW Idle / 0.33W Avg / 2.8W (MAX) Read / 6.3W (MAX) Write
- 2048GB – 5mW Idle / 0.36W Avg / 2.8W (MAX) Read / 9.9W (MAX) Write
- 4096GB – 5mW Idle / 0.36W Avg / 2.7W (MAX) Read / 10.2W (MAX) Write
- Sequential Read/Write:
- Storage Temperature: -40°C~85°C
- Operating Temperature: 0°C~70°C
- 512GB-1024GB – 80mm x 22mm x 2.21mm
- 2048GB-4096GB – 80mm x 22mm x 3.5mm
- 512GB-1024GB – 7g
- 2048GB-4096GB – 9.7g
- Vibration Operating: 2.17G Peak (7-800Hz)
- Vibration Non-operating: 20G Peak (20-1000Hz)
- MTBF: 1,800,000 hours
- Warranty/Support: Limited 5-year warranty with free technical support
“With the rise of data-heavy applications, consumers are demanding high performance solutions and high capacities to match,” said Keith Schimmenti, SSD Business Manager, Kingston. “By utilizing next-gen PCIe 4.0 technology with KC3000, we are able to deliver fast and reliable storage to suit the needs of a wide range of consumers in the market.”Kingston
KC3000 is currently available in 512GB, 1024GB, 2048GB and 4096GB2 capacities. KC3000 is backed by a limited five-year warranty and free technical support. Check out the company’s website for more information and where to buy.
What do you think of this Kingston SSD? Please share your thoughts on any of the social media pages listed below. You can also comment on our MeWe page by joining the MeWe social network.
Last Updated on October 27, 2021.