While projectors have become more commonplace for watching movies on the “big screen” while at home, they aren’t necessarily the best for gaming. Sure, they project a big, crisp image; however, for certain games like first-person shooters, the response time can leave something to be desired.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
A few companies over the past year or two are addressing that with lower response times for gamers. The latest is the Optoma UHZ50 smart 4K UHD laser home entertainment gaming projector which features a 16.7ms response time at 4K/60Hz or 4ms at 1080P/240Hz. The projector is also HDR10 and HLG compatible, easy to install with four corner correction, 1.3x zoom, and vertical lens shift, and is bright with its 3000-lumen laser lens.
“With the introduction of the Optoma UHZ50, we are bringing true 4K laser technology home to even more consumers by reducing overall costs without compromising the quality of their personal home entertainment experiences. As consumers are seeking more home entertainment and content options that fit their unique needs whether they’re gamers, streaming movies or viewing personal photos, we remain focused on delivering versatile and innovative solutions that take the home theater experience to new levels.”Billy Harrison, Product Manager at Optoma
The Optoma UHZ50 also has 100% Rec. 709 and DCI-P3 Wide Color Gamut coverage for life-like, vibrant colours. Connectivity shouldn’t be an issue either with its three HDMI 2.0 ports, one with eARC, two USB ports for media sticks or dongles, and 5GHz Wi-Fi for casting from wireless devices. Two 10W built-in speakers should offer pretty decent sound when you’re not hooked up to a home theatre entertainment system.
Specifications of the Optoma UHZ50 include:
- Display technology: DLP™
- Resolution: UHD (3840×2160)
- Light source type: Laser
- Laser life: 30,000 hours
- Brightness: 3,000 lumens
- Contrast ratio: 2,500,000:1
- Native aspect ratio: 16:9
- Aspect ratio – compatible: 4:3
- Keystone correction – horizontal: +/-40°
- Keystone correction – vertical: +/-40°
- Has vertical auto keystone correction: Yes
- Displayable colors (millions): 1073.4
- Horizontal scan rate: 15.375 ~ 91.146 Khz
- Vertical scan rate: 50 ~ 120HzHz
- Uniformity: 80%
- Screen size: 34.1″ ~ 302.4″ diagonal
- Throw ratio: 1.21:1 ~ 1.59:1
- Projection distance: 47.24″ – 318.9″
- Zoom: 1.3
- Zoom type: Manual
- Focal length (mm): 12.81mm~16.74mm
- Lens shift: Vertical +10%
- Native offset: 105%
- Lens shift: Yes
- Inputs: 2x HDMI 2.0, 3x USB-A, 1x HDMI 2.0 (eARC)
- Outputs: 1x Audio 3.5mm, 1x S/PDIF
- Control: 1x RS232, 1x RJ45, 1x 12V trigger, 1x 3D sync
- Noise level (typical): 27dB
- Noise level (max): 29dB
- Speakers: 2x 10W
- 3D: Side-by-Side:1080i50/60, 720p50/60, Frame-pack: 1080p24, 720p50/60, Over-Under: 1080p24, 720p50/60
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 13.27″ x 10.43″ x 4.82″
- Weight: 10.58 lbs
What do you think about the Optoma UHZ50 4K entertainment and gaming projector with its faster response times? Are you thinking about picking one up? Let us know on social media by using the buttons below.
*We use revenue-generating affiliate links and may earn a commission for purchases made using them. Read more on our disclaimer page.
Last Updated on November 1, 2021.