Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Engineered by Google to deliver personalized health, fitness, safety, and productivity, the Pixel Watch 2 has an all-new multi-path heart rate sensor and Google AI functions. Combined, they offer Google’s “most advanced
heart rate tracking, which powers advanced health and fitness experiences like sleep tracking, high and low heart rate notifications, and Daily Readiness Score.” In addition, the Pixel Watch 2 now has a body-response sensor and skin temperature sensor, giving it the ability to tap into Fitbit’s stress management features.
More Google apps and services are also available on the latest smartwatch from Google, including Google Assistant, Gmail, Calendar, and Safety Check. The new watch is also lighter, crafted with 100% recycled aluminum housing, and features 24 hours of battery life with an always-on display.
Here’s some of what Google has to say about the Pixel Watch 2:
- Fitbit’s most advanced heart rate tracking: The Pixel Watch 2 features an all-new multi-path heart rate sensor, uniquely designed for improved signal quality. It automatically switches between single and multi-path modes according to how hard you’re working. In workouts, this means multiple LEDs and photodiodes are used to measure the pulse signal from different angles and positions to provide multiple independent estimates of your pulse.
- Stress management — detection, intervention, and reflection: Fitbit helps you learn when your body is responding to potential stress or excitement, so you can build resiliency through detection, intervention, and reflection. Body-response tracking takes inputs from cEDA (continuous electrodermal activity – microscopic beads of sweat), heart rate variability, heart rate, and skin temperature to help identify acute body response moments.
- Advanced fitness for optimized workouts: The Pixel Watch 2 offers automatic workout start and stop reminders that can detect 7 common workouts, including running, outdoor cycling, and more. Heart Zone Training will guide you to meet your goals with voice and haptic cues that help you move through your 4 personalized heart rate zones.
- Peace of mind with all-new safety features: The Pixel Watch 2 introduces new features to join the existing safety technology, like Fall Detection and Emergency SOS, for more peace of mind. Safety Check allows you to schedule a timer for specific situations where you might want your friends or family to know where you are.
- Google apps, enhanced: Google on-wrist experiences are even more seamless with Gmail and Calendar apps for easy management of your agenda and inbox.
- Longer battery life and faster charging: The Pixel Watch 2 introduces significant changes to battery life and charging. Get 24 hours with always-on display and a full day of charge in just 75 minutes.
- Designed for all-day wear: The Pixel Watch 2 is a modern timepiece with an innovative design that delivers a fully featured smartwatch. A redesigned back housing includes three new sensors that power improved health and fitness tracking. The 100% recycled aluminum housing is lighter, and the domed cover glass is thinner without sacrificing durability or comfort.
Key technical specifications of the Pixel Watch 2 include:
- Display: Custom 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 320 ppi AMOLED display with DCI-P3 colour, brightness boost up to 1000 nits, Always-on Display
- Chip: Qualcomm SW5100, Cortex M33 co-processor
- Storage & Memory: 32GB eMMC flash, 2GB SDRAM
- Connectivity: 4G LTE & UMTS, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz, NFC
- Sensors: Compass, Altimeter, Red and infrared sensors for oxygen saturation (SpO2) monitoring, Multipurpose electrical sensors compatible with ECG app, Multi-path optical heart rate sensor, 3-axis accelerometer, Gyroscope, Ambient light sensor, Electrical sensor to measure skin conductance (cEDA) for body response tracking, Skin temperature sensor, Barometer, Magnetometer
- GPS: GPS, GLONASS, BeiDou, Galileo, Quasi-Zenith Satellite
- Interaction: Side button, haptic crown, premium haptics
- Audio: Built-in microphone, built-in speaker
- Durability & Water resistance: Custom 3D Corning Gorilla Glass 5, 5 ATM, IP68
- Battery & Charging
- 306mAh (typical) built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 24 hours with always-on display
- USB-C Fast Charging Cable
- Charging Speed: 30 minutes to 50%, 43 minutes to 80%, 75 minutes to 100%
- Band size: Small and large Active Band sizes included
- Small fits wrists 130-175mm around
- Large fits wrists 165-210mm around
- OS: Wear OS 4.0
- Compatibility: Works with most phones running on Android 9.0 or newer. Requires Google Account and Google Pixel Watch app.
- Materials: 100% recycled aluminum housing, fluoroelastomer active band with soft-touch coating
- Matte Black Aluminum Case/Obsidian Active Band
- Polished Silver Aluminum Case/Bay Active Band
- Polished Silver Aluminum Case/Porcelain Active Band
- Champagne Gold Aluminum Case/Hazel Active Band
- Dimensions: 41mm diameter, 12.3mm height
- Weight: 31g (without band)
The Pixel Watch 2 has four colour combinations: Polished Silver/Bay, Polished Silver/Porcelain, Matte Black/Obsidian, and Champagne Gold/Hazel. New Metal Slim and Active Sport band options are also available so you can accessorize your watch to suit your current style or outfit.
What do you think about the Google Pixel Watch 2? Are you going to be picking one up or looking for deals on the original Pixel Watch? Let us know on social media by using the buttons below.
In some of our articles and especially in our reviews, you will find Amazon or other affiliate links. As Amazon Associates, we earn from qualifying purchases. Any other purchases you make through these links often result in a small amount being earned for the site and/or our writers. Techaeris often covers brand press releases. Doing this does not constitute an endorsement of any product or service by Techaeris. We provide the press release information for our audience to be informed and make their own decision on a purchase or not. Only our reviews are an endorsement or lack thereof. For more information, you can read our full disclaimer.
Last Updated on October 5, 2023.