When it comes to gaming on different systems, gamers sometimes need more than one headset — especially if they have an Xbox and a PlayStation. The Astro A50 X from Logitech G is a wireless gaming headset for consoles that is compatible with Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC by utilizing HDMI connectivity.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Logitech G states that the A50 X is “designed to deliver the ultimate console headset experience.”
“Over the last decade, the A50 has become an icon in gaming headsets due to its focus on gamer-centric design, premium sound, and superior comfort and durability. Our new A50 X elevates this beloved headset with an unmatched level of performance by combining the A50’s award-winning design with several new features and advanced technologies that truly revolutionize gameplay.”Ujesh Desai, general manager of Logitech G
The biggest feature of the Astro A50 X console gaming wireless headset is the PLAYSYNC Technology. The two HDMI and a single USB-C port on the back of the charging dock allow gamers to easily switch between Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 5, and PC. Once connected and when switching between Xbox or PlayStation, the Base Station will switch the input to the TV to display the appropriate video and audio using passthrough HDMI 2.1 technology. When switched to PC mode, the Base Station will switch to PC audio through the headset.
A newer technology that debuted in the Logitech G Pro gaming headset earlier this year returns with the Astro A50 X. PRO-G GRAPHENE Audio Drivers feature a 40mm precision-engineered 40mm graphene diaphragm that features a live edge suspension. In layperson’s terms, graphene drivers deliver “improvements in sound reproduction accuracy, time to signal accuracy and distortion reduction, allowing players to identify audio objects more clearly, and more quickly discern their location as objects move relative to the player.” In addition, gamers can expect uncompressed audio at up to 24-bit fidelity.
Features and specifications of the Logitech G Astro A50 X include:
- XBOX + PS5 + PC AT ONCE WITH PLAYSYNC: An industry-first innovation, PLAYSYNC puts you in control of three gaming platforms at once. Simply tap to switch between Xbox Series X|S, PS5, and PC to access all your gaming libraries.
- PRO-G GRAPHENE DRIVERS: With unprecedented rigidity, PRO-G GRAPHENE drivers deliver enhanced audio response, reduced distortion, and unrivalled sound. Hear every move and every detail for a whole new in-game experience.
- HDMI 2.1 4K 120 Hz: Innovative HDMI 2.1 passthrough enables superior 24-bit audio from your XBOX and PS5 consoles while delivering stunning 4k 120 Hz video to your TV or monitor.
- HIGH-RESOLUTION COMMS: High-resolution 16-bit 48 kHz LIGHTSPEED mic uplink achieves new levels in headset mic quality.
- HDMI 2.1 PASSTHRU
- 3x HDMI 2.1 ports 40 Gbps bandwidth
- Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR)
- Up to 24 bit Audio
- 1x up to 24 bit/48 kHz (PC)
- 2x up to 16 bit/48 kHz (console)
- Drivers: 1.57 in (40 mm) PRO-G GRAPHENE
- Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Dolby Atmos + Windows Sonic Spatial Audio Compatible
- 3D Audio on PS5
- Pick up pattern: Omnidirectional
- Frequency Response: 60-20,000 Hz
- Sampling rate: up to 16 bit/48KHz
- WIRELESS TECHNOLOGY
- LIGHTSPEED Wireless @ 24 bit/48 kHz
- Up to 15 meter range via LIGHTSPEED
- BATTERY (RECHARGEABLE): 24-hours playtime @ 78 dB, rechargeable via Charging Dock or USB-C wired charging port
- WEIGHT: 363 grams
- WARRANTY INFORMATION: 2-Year Limited Hardware Warranty
It isn’t cheap, however, and the Logitech G ASTRO A50 X Wireless Gaming Headset + Base Station is available for pre-order now for $379.99 from the Logitech G website. Available in black or white colourways, it is expected to ship in the first half of 2024 and will also be available from major retailers next year.
What do you think about the Astro A50 X wireless gaming headset for consoles? Are you going to pick one up? Let us know on social media by using the buttons below.